INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Messing around with Blu-ray Menu and Particles  (Read 554 times)

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Messing around with Blu-ray Menu and Particles
« on: August 21, 2018, 09:30:16 pm »

I've been messing around with this and particles..

How does one see what MPLS is being used during playback if I start with full menu playback, start playing the main feature?

I also ran into two interesting situations:

1: the TV series Fringe - early seasons - used one long file; so one needs to know where the start/end are of each episode.  This seems pretty rare for TV shows

2: i have a BD Audio of XTCs Oranges and Lemons.  The menu playback works nicely from the folder backup.

However this disc has multiple audio mixes and the LPCM mix provides multiple audio tracks (Stereo and Multichannel).  If I create particles based on this MLPS, then tag/view them such that they appear under Audio as a music CD (which I think is  possible), how do I default to a particular audio track in playback?  In this case would be awesome to generate to sets of particles: one for the stereo PCM track and one for the multi channel track.  The alternative is to use DVD Audio Extractor (or other tools) and just create separate FLAC files based on the chapters in the MLPS and extract the audio stream I want.  However I'm trying to see if I can save space here via particles.

This is a bit off topic; but it did start with full menu playback :)

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Messing around with Blu-ray Menu and Particles
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 03:53:40 am »

I've been messing around with this and particles..

How does one see what MPLS is being used during playback if I start with full menu playback, start playing the main feature?
You can't see it in the GUI (unless Hendrik adds that) but it is in the Log File.  I've had to use this to try to work out what MPLS related to a EPS on an oddly authored BD.

1: the TV series Fringe - early seasons - used one long file; so one needs to know where the start/end are of each episode.  This seems pretty rare for TV shows
Yup pretty non standard but there is all sort of weird stuff done in the early days.

2: i have a BD Audio of XTCs Oranges and Lemons.  The menu playback works nicely from the folder backup.

However this disc has multiple audio mixes and the LPCM mix provides multiple audio tracks (Stereo and Multichannel).  If I create particles based on this MLPS, then tag/view them such that they appear under Audio as a music CD (which I think is  possible), how do I default to a particular audio track in playback?  In this case would be awesome to generate to sets of particles: one for the stereo PCM track and one for the multi channel track.  The alternative is to use DVD Audio Extractor (or other tools) and just create separate FLAC files based on the chapters in the MLPS and extract the audio stream I want.  However I'm trying to see if I can save space here via particles.

Make your particles and when you play it you can change the Audio Stream.  This choice is then recorded in the "Playback Info" field and will be used the next time you play it.  You can even copy this info to other entries and you are set to go.  With views you have lots of choices.  You can modify the View to include Music Videos instead of just Audio, or have a separate Music Video View.
JRiver CEO Elect

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
Re: Messing around with Blu-ray Menu and Particles
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 05:45:27 am »

thanks.   will give these suggestions a try. 

i am finally getting into the complex, powerful, and flexible features of jriver.

do you keep folder backups of both the UHd and the BluRay versions of the same movie?  this would be the only way to have both the 4K version and whatever special features are provided as they are often not on the UHD disc

i suppose it would be possible to delete the bluray m2ts movie file to save space as it would be redundant but keep the rest of the bluray folder intact for the extra features...

Pages: [1]   Go Up