INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't Restore  (Read 1123 times)

Billlovesmusic

• Recent member
Can't Restore
« on: August 26, 2018, 12:56:39 am »

It's August 26, and I still cannot register the MC24 upgrade I purchased on August 18.  I get replies that my registration code is not recognized.  I requested the registration code again, but only received the codes for the MC21 and MC23 that I bought in years past.  When will I be able to register? 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can't Restore
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 01:02:39 am »

It's August 26, and I still cannot register the MC24 upgrade I purchased on August 18.  I get replies that my registration code is not recognized.  I requested the registration code again, but only received the codes for the MC21 and MC23 that I bought in years past.  When will I be able to register? 
That is probably unrelated to the server issues.  Did you install MC24?  I'll split this to a new thread after you reply.

If you're not getting a Registration Code, and you did purchase on the 18th, then it is possible that your e-mail had a typo or that you used a different one.  We can check on Monday.

Billlovesmusic

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 03:11:07 am »

Jim,

yes, I downloaded MC 24 and installed it on two computers after I paid for it.    It's working well on both, but I can't register because the registration code you sent me is not recognized.  you have records of my having purchased MC21 and MC23 however, and upon my request I got the registration code for both versions, but not for MC24!  So I'm being treated as if I am within the 30 day test period on both computers. 

wagenveld

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 03:36:47 am »

Hi guys
Could these issues have anything to do with the following error showing up since a few days on startup?
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/a4drvr/media/Misc/error.jpg.html

Billlovesmusic

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 03:46:41 am »

I haven't received any such message, but thank you for helping me figure this out!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 04:56:30 am »

Please read Restoring a License on our wiki.  You may be missing a step.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 04:57:51 am »

Hi guys
Could these issues have anything to do with the following error showing up since a few days on startup?
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/a4drvr/media/Misc/error.jpg.html
I think that's just the icon bar for Facebook, etc.

Billlovesmusic

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2018, 08:19:42 am »

Jim,

I tried everything on the wiki page, but nothing works.  Bottom line is that JRiver does not recognize the MC  registration code that was sent to me when I upgraded to MC24 from MC23.    JRiver doesn't even seem to have the registration code on record that it sent me via email after I purchased the upgrade, because when I request the registration code again you send me the registration codes for earlier versions of Media Center that I purchased, but not for MC24.  You seem to have completely lost the registration code that was sent to me, or I was sent an incorrect registration code the first time around.  My credit card was debited for the license purchase so it's all paid for.  Is there any way I can share the registration code I received and/or my email address with you so you can check and confirm that everything is ok from your end?  I also notice that I'm actually in the wrong forum here since I'm a MAC user, but I downloaded the lastest MAC version (24.0.45) from  the link on the download page.  Thank you for your help and your swift responsiveness, much appreciated!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2018, 08:25:49 am »

You need to install MC24 and then use the MC24 Registration Code.  Use copy and paste. 

Sometimes people use a different e-mail address by mistake.  Typos are also possible.

We'll investigate this tomorrow when the office is open.  I'm unable now.  You could write deanna at jriver with your details and a link to this thread.

gazza49

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2018, 11:31:32 am »

Hi i am having the same problem,mc24 on mac still says i am not registered even though i have the master version that is working ok on two windows laptops.
thanks Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up