INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3D Visualizations  (Read 1216 times)

LisaRCT

3D Visualizations
« on: June 03, 2003, 06:37:10 am »

I have noticed that the Preset 2 and Preset 3 visualizations seem to hang where the others do not.
When this happens the framerate still indicates it is function at the set framerate, yet the video stalls/jerks/freezes.  They do not appear any more processor intensive as per my Taskmanager CPU graph.
I find that once most are started my processor drops to a reasonable level as the video card takes over more fully (I assume?).

Running an XP2100 / 1.5GB DDR / ATi AIW7500 and I can get full framerate   ;D
. . .  as long as nothing else is running anyway.

The tunnel  (#4) seems to run the best at 37% processor load and a steady 80 fps
#6 pulls the processor up to 87% at a framerate of 75-80.

It would also be nice to have a setting for 3D Vis - Random . .  so they would change periodically as do the other visualizations.

Nice work   ;)

zevele10

Re: 3D Visualizations
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2003, 12:13:34 pm »

Preset 6 tends to crash MC.

Now ,in such a short time such an improvement.. chapeau!

You still need to work on the colors. I understand that for the most you use the basic ones for now.
Preset 7 is the one looking the best.
The others are ..well.. a litle beat 'junk food joint lokalike'.
I still think that the art sleeves do not get a good traitement.
The fact that the colors of the art sleeves change depending of the colors of the 3D is very annoying and un-esthetic.

It is only my opinion ,but i share it with myself...

I think that a preset  mixing some other presets with ONLY the sleeve as theme ,not the MC icone , would be great- even more is showing the sleeve of wma files.

For sure ,once again ,we will get a hell of a nice feature when finish

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2003, 03:56:07 pm »

I've been away for a few days and I'm not sure if I have the latest 3D visualizations.  Is there a place to find it?  I can't even find a way to read what version I'm using but I know I installed at least 1 update.  

LisaRCT

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2003, 04:33:52 pm »

I've been away for a few days and I'm not sure if I have the latest 3D visualizations.  Is there a place to find it?  I can't even find a way to read what version I'm using but I know I installed at least 1 update.  

http://ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/tmp/vis_3D.mjp
Pages: [1]   Go Up