INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA Search  (Read 731 times)

Coolhighend

• Recent member
DLNA Search
« on: August 29, 2018, 04:50:20 am »

I have a DLNA Server configured as audio only, pointing only to drives where only audio is stored.

If i make a DLNA search (server side), with JRemote or BubbleUPNP, the results of JRiver will be from the full library, i.e. the search results will include video and other drives as well.

This does not really make sense and it is probably a bug. Or is it only me? Does somebody else experience the same?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DLNA Search
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 01:41:04 pm »

I have a DLNA Server configured as audio only, pointing only to drives where only audio is stored.

If i make a DLNA search (server side), with JRemote or BubbleUPNP, the results of JRiver will be from the full library, i.e. the search results will include video and other drives as well.

This does not really make sense and it is probably a bug. Or is it only me? Does somebody else experience the same?
I assume you customized the Views for the server.
The view is a particular filtered "look" into the entire library.
When a DLNA search is done it searches the entire library not whatever views you have configured (since you could make any kind of custom view you wanted that didn't fit into standard audio, image, video categories).

I could see where it would be useful to add a feature to disable a media type in the DLNA server settings. Something similar could be done for the MCWS (though that would be global for all non-DLNA devices).

Pages: [1]   Go Up