INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 24 Requires Initial Run as Power User before running TV record module  (Read 456 times)

mstan

• Galactic Citizen

I just installed MC 24 on WIN7 home premium and have received a message that MC can't record a scheduled TV program until I run MC initially as a "power user" and then thereafter as a standard user.   But I am currently logged in as administrator.    Why is the program requiring this and how do I run as a power user?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

That is a little strange. I've seen something like it before, a long time ago, but I can't remember the specific cause.

Try this though: Right-click on the MC icon and select "Run as Administrator". If Windows won't run the icon that way (it should) drill down (open file location) to find the MC exe file, then right-click on that and select "Run as Administrator".

Check TV Recording in MC is working, then close it and start it again normally using the icon. Test again if TV Recording now works.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

mstan

• Galactic Citizen

Thank you Roderick.   That appears to work.   I was confused by the "power user" request; didn't know how that was different from admin privileges which should be the highest level of access possible.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Yeah, when that message was written it was probably enough just to be logged in as an Administrator rather than a normal User, but now Windows (7, 8, and 10) differentiates between being logged in as an Administrator and the "Run as Administrator" functionality, the later of which is required for many installation operations.

I'm glad that fixed it.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up