INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RME Babyface (old blue version) Multi Channel With JRiver Routing Channels  (Read 979 times)

H-Space

• Recent member

How might I accomplish this routing scheme?

JRiver --> RME Babyface AS1/2 (optical SPDIF) --> Crane Song Solaris DAC -->right/left monitors

JRiver --> RME Babyface AN1/2 (XLR 1/2) --> Sub one

JRiver --> RME Babyface PH3 (phones TRS split to stereo RCA) --> Sub two (set to receive summed LR mono)

JRiver --> RME Babyface PH4 (phones TRS split to stereo RCA) --> Sub three (set to receive summed LR mono)

Guessing DSP studio/PEQ? Slightly confused with filter config. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

You need to create an aggregate device in Windows I think which probably means using something like asio4all to create that aggregate device

H-Space

• Recent member

You need to create an aggregate device in Windows I think which probably means using something like asio4all to create that aggregate device

Oh, okay. The native RME Fireface USB ASIO device doesn't work? I have it set there now but the routing is all random, overlapped or oddly imbalanced between R/L channels.

I have all sounds routing through JRiver with the supplied JRiver Media Center 24 default playback device

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team

You would have to check with rme to see if the baby-face aggregates but I think it will present as n different interfaces in totalizer. A JRiver zone can only talk to 1 audio device so something else needs to aggregate for you.

kr4

• MC Beta Team

JRiver --> RME Babyface AS1/2 (optical SPDIF) --> Crane Song Solaris DAC -->right/left monitors

JRiver --> RME Babyface PH3 (phones TRS split to stereo RCA) --> Sub two (set to receive summed LR mono)

JRiver --> RME Babyface PH4 (phones TRS split to stereo RCA) --> Sub three (set to receive summed LR mono)

Guessing DSP studio/PEQ? Slightly confused with filter config. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I am skeptical of this working in synch with these disparate routings but I hope it does.
I think a better option might be the mini-DSP U-DIO8 or the Lynx AES16e PCIe card with DACs of your choice.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

H-Space

• Recent member

I figured out the channel routing in RME's TotalMixFX software mixer. But now all the channel volumes are acting strangely and I think it might be a bit rate issue.

Here's my Audio Path:

input: 44.1kHz 64bit 6 channel from source format AUDIOTEST

output: 44.1kHz 32bit 6 channel using ASIO (not using enough bits to output the input directly)

Maybe the Babyface doesn't support 64bit?Guessing there's a lot on this issue posted around the forum but time to get some sleep. I'll figure out the rest tomorrow. Feel free to leave feedback, Thanks!

pschelbert

• Galactic Citizen
Re: RME Babyface (old blue version) Multi Channel With JRiver Routing Channels
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2018, 11:45:53 am »

I did exactly this with an RME UFX. The difference, UFX has more output channels.

1) select in JRiver: output device: RME Babyface, Driver ASIO
2) select in JRiver , "output formats: 4..10..12 channels (I have 12 channels selected with UFX)
3) Youn need files with surround, flac etc. The channel mapping of the surround files is standardized 1=left, 2=right etc.

Then go to Totalmix , an RME software which is delivered with the driver (ASIO driver installation).
In Totalmix you router "playback" to any "Output, physical output, be it analog SPFIF ADAT, AES/EBU.
In Totalmix you can sum, invert, filter limiter channels as you like.
Save the settings under MIX1.. MIX6

The mapping is then your responsibility.
Then just play you surround file and enjoy :)

Here in youtube how to use Totalmix

H-Space

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2018, 11:54:47 pm »

I did exactly this with an RME UFX. The difference, UFX has more output channels.

1) select in JRiver: output device: RME Babyface, Driver ASIO
2) select in JRiver , "output formats: 4..10..12 channels (I have 12 channels selected with UFX)
3) Youn need files with surround, flac etc. The channel mapping of the surround files is standardized 1=left, 2=right etc.

Then go to Totalmix , an RME software which is delivered with the driver (ASIO driver installation).
In Totalmix you router "playback" to any "Output, physical output, be it analog SPFIF ADAT, AES/EBU.
In Totalmix you can sum, invert, filter limiter channels as you like.
Save the settings under MIX1.. MIX6

The mapping is then your responsibility.
Then just play you surround file and enjoy :)

Here in youtube how to use Totalmix

Much appreciated. Fortunately the light bulb turned on earlier and I have the JRiver channel mixer and more importantly Audiolense XO mostly figured out.

pschelbert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2018, 03:53:34 am »

okay, you can use the buit in JRiver convolver.

I use acourateconvolver (where the JRiver convolver is based on). Its an extermal software which runs together with JRiver. You just confifure in output device "acourateconvolver". Its all via ASIO. Very comfortable use and number of filters, samplerate and number of channels as many as you wish almost, or as your audiointerface has. See www.audiovero.com

Audiolense I looked long ago at it, never really tried it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up