INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to copy/export video files plus sidecar files?  (Read 439 times)

Amadan

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Mine. Mine. Mine.
How to copy/export video files plus sidecar files?
« on: August 31, 2018, 01:45:45 pm »

Hi all,

I would like to regularly export video files along with their .xml sidecar files to an external folder for specific purposes. So far I have only found the possibility to do this by format conversion. But that takes a lot of time and actually i don't want to convert the files, I only want to copy the original files including their sidecar. Also syncing to a "virtual" device does not copy the sidecars.

So, is it somehow possible to do the following: select several videos in MC and then do something like "copy/export to folder (including sidecars)"?

Would be great if someone could give me a hint how to achieve that.

Thanks,
Stefan

Amadan

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Mine. Mine. Mine.
Re: How to copy/export video files plus sidecar files?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 05:15:06 am »

I found a solution that will work for me: I will send the selected video files to a new playlist and export the playlist as .MPL file. This file not only can be easily parsed (cause XML format) but contains also all the required tags that I expected only to be found in the sidecar files.

So, Ii only have to write a batchjob that copies the files from the original library (the complete path are given in the .MPL) and can then afterwards do what I wanted (based on data in the MPL instead of the sidecar files).

"case closed" :), thx for listening
Pages: [1]   Go Up