INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Important bug in tags. "Editor" duplicated. "Label" missing.  (Read 1270 times)

LETRA

• World Citizen
Important bug in tags. "Editor" duplicated. "Label" missing.
« on: September 04, 2018, 07:16:58 am »

Hi. I am finding a very important problem in the classification by tags. The tag "editor" is duplicated. If I enter data in the second "editor" tag, most search functions duplicate the tag 1 editor. And the "label" tag is missing. I am having problems to organize smart list by labels and I leave this message to ask and they can solve it soon.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Important bug in tags. "Editor" duplicated. "Label" missing.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 03:06:00 pm »

It looks like this has some dependency on the language selection.  In English, Editor only appears once.  If you set language to Spanish, Editor appears *twice* in the Manage Library Fields dialog.  I'm guessing this is a translation issue, but I'm only guessing.

I think a developer probably needs to look at this one.

Brian.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 03:12:56 pm »

Editor and Publisher are both translated to "Editor".

So I guess it's a translation issue, and I'm not sure the right fix.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

LETRA

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 03:53:02 pm »

Thanks for the clarifying answer. Is Publisher different to "label"? "Label" is missing. "Publisher" does not have a correct translation in Spanish because our system of rights is due to the society of authors, what union of authors in Anglo-Saxon newspapers call "syndicates". "Publisher" may run out of translation, it will be less confusing. Now I need to know where is the right place to enter "label" or missing that tag.

LETRA

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 03:54:39 pm »

It looks like this has some dependency on the language selection.  In English, Editor only appears once.  If you set language to Spanish, Editor appears *twice* in the Manage Library Fields dialog.  I'm guessing this is a translation issue, but I'm only guessing.

I think a developer probably needs to look at this one.

Brian.

I had not seen this answer. Thanks to both of you. I hope that a developer responds and clarifies it completely.

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 09:17:16 pm »

Senior Letra,

Matt, the poster above, is the original author of JRiver MC and definitely a member of the development staff.  Hopefully he and his team will figure out a good solution for you.

Brian.

LETRA

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 09:31:31 pm »

Senior Letra,

Matt, the poster above, is the original author of JRiver MC and definitely a member of the development staff.  Hopefully he and his team will figure out a good solution for you.

Brian.

I apologize. I am not a regular visitor to the forums. Thank you.

LETRA

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2018, 04:26:07 am »

I find another problem with the tag "editor2" (publisher). The tag is counting the albums wrong. I have 92 albums marked "Pablo Records". However, the classification only lists 87.

blgentry

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2018, 10:11:15 am »

I have seen album "miscounts" in the past.  The cause, in my case, is that I had several albums, by different artists, with the EXACT SAME album title.  For example if you have 4 albums named "Greatest Hits", MC only counts those as 1 (one) album.

My solution was to create a new pane in my panes view called "Albums (true count)".  I defined it as something like [Artist] - [Album].  This neatly took care of the problem and properly counted my albums.

I suspect your problem is similar.

Good luck!

Brian.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2018, 10:20:18 am »

It's common for the counts to be a little different.

Because for example I have several versions of the album "Greatest Hits".  When it shows in the pane "Albums", the count is the count of discrete values so that album is only counted once.

But in a thumbnail view of albums, each Greatest Hits album will be shown individually.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2018, 11:41:56 am »

I was going to say make the pane an expression that displays [Album] but is internally [Album Artist (auto)] - [Album].

Then I started testing that and I saw the sorting wasn't right.  So that will be fixed next build.

I think it should provide a pretty ideal solution to the duplicate issue.

LETRA

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2018, 06:45:41 pm »

Thanks for the answers. I am impatient for the update with the correction of the bugs. I hope my English "Google translator" has been understood enough. Greetings to all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up