INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Filtergraph support? Powermate support  (Read 1003 times)

Shady Bimmer

• World Citizen
  • (too busy listening)
Filtergraph support? Powermate support
« on: June 02, 2003, 06:39:52 pm »

I've been using MC9 since beta and I've been following along for a bit in this forum but something that I haven't seen mentioned are filtergraphs.

With XP (and in limited fashion Win2K) it is possible to build a stream of filters/encoders/decoders/renderers/whatever from file to output.  This gives quite a bit of flexibility but it can be somewhat complex.  It could be one method of providing virtually infinite format support.

Zoom Player is a perfect example of an app that provides builtin support similar to Microsoft's filtergraphs.

For music it could provide for unlimited format support via external decoders as well as providing for the possibility to use one's own favorite decoder(s).  For DVD/Video, it is really a must-have for die-hard enthusiasts.  Everyone has their favorite codecs (Such as Sonic CineMaster Decoder for video often combined the audio codec from WinDVD).

By default MC could provide its own choices for simplicity (maintaining current functionality), but provide for an option to choose specific codecs and external filters (ewwwwwwwwwwww!) for those that desire this.

Is this possible in some fashion?  If not, could it be a feature request? (Comments?)

Also - for my HTPC I'm contemplating a PowerMate from Griffin Technology.  I'm unsure if an SDK exists yet (I'm checking into this) but the driver provides application-sensitive support (an SDK could possibly provide context-sensitive settings).  Just wondering if anyone else has seen this yet.  I probably wouldn't use it as a volume control (my HK receiver would do that) but it could provide a fast and easy way to navigate through the library menus in MC. . .

PhatPhreddy

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Cosmic Comic
Re: Filtergraph support?  Powermate s
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2003, 12:05:41 am »

MC simply uses  the default filtergraph which is built from the highest load priority filters... As you can edit the load priority you can adjust what filters it uses...

Search for a post in by username with filters or graphedit etc... Should surface...
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Filtergraph support? Powermate support
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2003, 09:27:02 am »

I've got a Griffin Powemate, and to be honest, it's not very good. Looks lovely but under Windows 2000, I get a lot of problem with buffering. i.e. the cursor keeps moving after you stop turning the wheel.
I'm probably going to get a Contour SpaceShuttle
http://www.contouravs.com/cav_spaceshuttle_more_info.html
It doesn't look as nice, but my experiences with the ShuttlePro have been very good. Plus it's got a shuttle wheel as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up