INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resource.xml is not available via ftp server  (Read 482 times)

Lieberman

Resource.xml is not available via ftp server
« on: September 08, 2018, 12:24:27 am »

To add my own global hotkeys to JRiver I must download Resource.xml file, but it is not available via FTP server.
Hotkeys is very important thing and I wonder why such an obvious option is not in the shareware program itself.
Can you make this file available for download from the main page? Or how else can I get this file?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Resource.xml is not available via ftp server
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 02:43:35 am »

Best to get it from the current installation on your PC anyway. The server version is probably old. Did you search for it?

You will find it at:
C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 24\Data\Default Resources\Resource.xml

Put a copy into a new "Custom Resources" folder you create, and modify away, as per the Wiki: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/User_Defined_Global_Keyboard_Shortcuts

Shareware program? JRiver Media Center isn't shareware.

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Lieberman

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 04:28:24 am »

Thank you for reply! Of course, I will follow your instructions  ;)
"Shareware" I mean I should pay for program to use it without boundaries. Isn't it?
Any of most popular freeware players has the option of hotkey configuration// MC hasn't and I wonder why.
Today is the first day of my trial period, I want to change my current player and try something new

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 06:31:48 pm »

I guess MC is a sort of Shareware, now I think about it, in that it has a free trial period. But I always think of Shareware having an option to pay for it, and that it will keep working in some limited way after a time, or have some other restriction. MC just stops working after the trial period so I consider it a commercial application with a trial period. But, that is just semantics I guess.

I initially wondered why there wasn't a simple Hotkey/Shortcut Key configuration in MC, but when you look at what can be done using the Resource.xml file, you will see that it isn't that simple. Any Media Center Core Command can be used with a keyboard sequence, which goes well beyond simple shortcut key definition.

Make good use of the trial. There is a bit of a learning curve with MC, so it takes a while to understand how it works and get the best out of it.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up