INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Paste Cover Art Into Get Cover Art  (Read 769 times)

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Feature Request: Paste Cover Art Into Get Cover Art
« on: September 08, 2018, 02:36:44 am »

I usually use the Get Cover Art tool to lookup cover art for a large range of albums at once. Often I come across an album where the art is questionable so I do a quick search online and often find something better. It would be nice to be able to copy and paste album art directly into the Get Cover Art dialog instead of having to return to the main window and locate each file that ends up in this situation. Thanks.
Thanks!

MusicHawk

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature Request: Paste Cover Art Into Get Cover Art
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 03:58:07 pm »

This would be a handy feature. I also struggle with finding many "wrong" images when I use Cover Art > Get From Internet, and also finding the track already has a "wrong" image. Possibly this is because of my taste in music :P but the point is, MC could make it easier to fix poor/no images while working within Get From Internet dialog.

As OP says, one action when I can I find a better image it to then do separate steps to go back to the track and paste it in. Quite a bit of time would be saved by pasting it while in Get From Internet.

The other situation is when MC already has an image that is wrong, and no correct image is readily available. The immediate need is to get rid of the wrong/bad image, but not by selecting anything else at that time, because whatever MC is suggesting isn't right either, or no match has been found. (Common for me because at least half my tracks are not in albums or from very uncommon albums.)

Super helpful to handle this would be for Get From Internet dialog to have a Remove button along with the suggested images, essentially a buttom that tells MC "none of them, no image for this track, please".

I seem to have many wrong images, perhaps from earlier days when I let MC find cover art on its own (been using MC for 15 years). Currently, Get From Internet shows me the existing image of each track, but when it is wrong I have to make a note of that track, then later go find it and Remove its cover art image. It would so nice to just click a Remove button when MC shows me the image during Get From Internet. Please?
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Feature Request: Paste Cover Art Into Get Cover Art
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 12:58:28 pm »

Coming next build we'll have this:
NEW: If an image is on the clipboard when the Get Cover Art dialog is shown, it will be added as the last entry in the list of choices.

That was easier than adding a paste command.  Hopefully it works!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Sky King

• Galactic Citizen
"Get Cover Art" tool. How do you stop it?
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 10:18:52 am »

I was using the "Get Cover Art" tool to add an image to a set of .DSF files.  Now I can't shut down the program because it wants me to "stop the tool".

Dummy me cannot figure out how to do that.  Please help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up