INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EPG Guide Data  (Read 1021 times)

HypnotiXDMP

EPG Guide Data
« on: September 12, 2018, 10:17:16 am »

My goal is to get EPG data for our local channels, and I am not sure where to go for this. I either need a company that can provide me this data, or software that would allow me to compile all of the data myself into an xml file. If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be great. I was told about a company called Rovi or Robi, I am not sure as it was over the phone and they did not spell it out for me.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: EPG Guide Data
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 11:29:32 am »

You did not say which country you are in.  If you are in the USA, as well as in some other countries, you can use Rovi data.  Rovi is not available in all countries.

Data from Rovi is the default choice inside MC.  You do not need to do anything outside of MC.  All you need to do is to select mc2xml option when setting up TV in MC.  MC downloads the data in XMLTV format and loads them to be used in MC.

TV Setup wiki

EPG setup (inside TV Setup)

If you only use local over-the-air TV broadcast channels, you can also use the OTA EPG option in MC. 
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

HypnotiXDMP

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 01:29:52 pm »

Sorry, yes I am in the US in Florida. So Rovi is the best choice, do you have a link to their website? I think I have found it, but there doesnt appear to be much information on the site I am at atm.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 05:39:35 pm »

We don't have any information about Rovi.  All we do is to use their data via mc2xml.  An MC user does not need to be concerned with directly dealing with Rovi.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up