INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: While using Webgizmo on a Chromebook - Play Doctor access  (Read 865 times)

robeffy

• Recent member
While using Webgizmo on a Chromebook - Play Doctor access
« on: September 14, 2018, 10:10:29 am »

Hi All,

I am successfully running Webgizmo on my Lenovo chromebook, so I can wifi stream from my music server to the chromebook, and then feed my stereo. Its a kludgy workaround, until I relocate my music server to the stereo.

My Question:
I don't seem to be able to access the Play Doctor listing to get random music selections on the Chromebook. I can simply touch and hold the Audio icon on my Android to pop up the option for "Play ( with Play Doctor )". ON the Chromebook, clicking and holding does nothing.

Any thoughts on how to get the Chromebook to perform the same as the Android for this one feature?

Thanks in advance.

PS I am currently using version 23 of the software.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: While using Webgizmo on a Chromebook - Play Doctor access
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 10:50:37 am »

Welcome to the forum.  The press and hold is the equivalent of a right click.  Does a right click work?

Panel might also work for you.  It's part of MC24.  You could just install MC24 and use the trial.

robeffy

• Recent member
Re: While using Webgizmo on a Chromebook - Play Doctor access
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 11:19:06 am »

Hi,
The 2 fingers at the same time for right click brings up a screen from the OpSys.

Open link in new tab
Open link in new window
Open link in incognito window
Save link as
Copy link address
Inspect

I tried "in new window" and it puts me into the next menu down, ie, it acts like a double click, not a click and hold.

I have tried to turn off "Tap to Click" on the device, and have tried to "Enable Tap Dragging", but I may be doing something wrong. I have no idea if these are good ideas or not, just trying stuff. Turning off "Tap to Click" without a mouse makes doing anything nearly impossible.. lol

It seems that the OpSys recognizes the initial tap but not the hold ..

I will see what Panel does, its a new interface I believe? I will do some research on that.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up