INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New files on disc not being imported  (Read 581 times)

Hollingshead

• Recent member
New files on disc not being imported
« on: September 15, 2018, 03:38:39 pm »

I rip on one computer and then use SyncToy to copy the files to two other systems in the house. Frequently now, the files get copied and I can find them in Windows, but they don't show up in JRiver. Auto-import is set for the big folder that contains several thousand artist folders. If I go Import and just import a folder with new tracks in it, JRiver happily adds them. But if I just run auto-import, it says it checked 89K files and didn't find any new. I'm pretty clear that JRiver has no maximum number of files. Is there something else going on?

Searching I found a mention that if there is no tagging JRiver can have an issue, but when these files get added, they have all the expected information.

Thanks for any information.

Hollingshead

• Recent member
Syncing tag info across networks
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 03:50:39 pm »

I clearly don't fully understand where MC keeps it's tagging info. Lately I've been hard at work cleaning up some badly tagged files. I use my desktop PC for this, but mostly play the files off two servers. I use SyncToy to synchronize the two libraries, but the tagging info doesn't seem to travel. Even on the same PC, I have trouble getting MC to make use of the new tag info. For example, I had a reggae box set that was just ripped as tracks with no artist info and not broken into CD's, just all the first CD tracks were track 1, second was track 2, etc and there was no artist info at all. So I laboriously entered all the artist info and broke it into three CD's with the correct track #'s and I still couldn't get it to show up in Various Artists on the Artist tab. I could see it was in the Various Artists File on the File Tab, but despite it saying the CD's were by Various Artists, they still wouldn't show up.

And trying to get that info across the network is still a struggle. Using the Synchronize Libraries command worries me, because I'm not sure if the bad data will overwrite the good data, but I did cross my fingers and try it, but I couldn't see where it did anything.

So what am I not understanding? Is there a file in the JRiver MC24 folder that I should be synchronizing?

Thanks much,
Kevin

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Syncing tag info across networks
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 05:20:27 pm »

Tagging is described on the wiki:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Tagging

The tags are stored in MC's library (database) and optionally in the files themselves.

Have you considered using Media Server to share the files?  The wiki has a topic.
Pages: [1]   Go Up