INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC24 on Mac and JRemote  (Read 855 times)

SamNorthernlights

• Recent member
MC24 on Mac and JRemote
« on: September 14, 2018, 05:50:39 pm »

Hi
My first post so I hope this works out. I recently bought a license for MC24 for my Mac and on the first day had a great time playing several albums via JRemote. I am sure my Mac went to sleep in the middle of things but no problems.

When I launched MC24 the next day though things went fine for the first album I played but when I went to select the next to play it wouldn’t. A little wheel just circled in the album I was trying to select on JRemote and then nothing. Tried several times but still nothing. Went to my Mac and woke it up and the 2nd album started playing. What I don’t understand is why this didn’t happen on the first day but everytime since.

I read about Panel but I cannot get my iPad or iPhone to connect via panel at all using the media network key - the browser just shows a progress bar but never gets there.

This is a real shame as the remote control idea was what made me buy MC24.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC24 on Mac and JRemote
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 06:29:45 pm »

If your mac is asleep it can't run programs.  So it can't run MC.  You'd be best to either wake your Mac before you start, or leave the Mac running instead of letting it sleep.

I think JRemote has a "wake on LAN" feature to try to wake the Mac automatically, but I haven't had any luck making it work in the small number of experiments I've done.

Brian.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC24 on Mac and JRemote
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 07:14:43 pm »

I read about Panel but I cannot get my iPad or iPhone to connect via panel at all using the media network key - the browser just shows a progress bar but never gets there.
Could be a firewall problem.  You could try the IP address plus the port instead.  The wiki has a topic on Panel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up