INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HD movies identification  (Read 665 times)

lvc10000

• Recent member
HD movies identification
« on: September 15, 2018, 08:32:30 am »

Dear all,

I've been trying to make a simple thumbnail text "if" expression to identify HD movies in my collection as HD but, the novice I am, can't seem to get it to work. I've looked around searching the forum and the wicky but don't find the answer to my question. Could someone help please?

I currently use these thumbnail texts to show the film's resolution and duration:
Resolution: [Height]
Duration: [Duration]

But I would like to change the resolution line from a precise number to it simply writing "HD" when the resolution is above 650 lines for example --> for 720 or 1080 movies to be labelled HD automatically. and nothing for SD movies.

I've tried variations of this thumbnail text but can't get it to work:
If ([Height]>650), text = "HD"

Can anyone help me on this?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: HD movies identification
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 09:31:47 am »

This expression should do what you want.  It outputs "HD" if height is greater than 650 and "SD" otherwise.

Code: [Select]
if(compare([Height],>,650),HD,SD)
You could make this a saved expression and use it in other places too.  Or just use it in your thumbnail text as you said. 

What I like is to see the exact height, but only if the video is "high resolution".  So I look at the width as my key.  If the width is 1000 or greater, then my thumbnail text shows the *height* in parenthesis.

For example, if I have a file that is 1280x720, my expression sees that 1280 is >= 1000, so it puts (720) in the thumbnail text next to the video title.  But if my expression sees 720x480 (DVD resolution), then it knows the width is less than 1000, so it doesn't show anything special.  So I know it's SD content.

I would show you my thumbnail text exact expression, but it's rather complicated, as I have figured out a weird way of formatting my thumbnail text as multi-line by automatically breaking up the video title into several pieces so that long titles are not truncated.  The expression is pretty ugly, but it works.

Good luck customizing your display text!

Brian.

lvc10000

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 07:50:07 am »

Thanks Brian. It looks great.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 05:04:40 pm »

I got all excited when I saw your question because I thought ooh here's one I can actually answer... But blgentry beat me to it, and gave you the exact same thing I'm doing myself.

You can also create this as a calculated library field to make it easy to use anywhere, which is what I do.  JRiver is very extensible in this way.  I do a similar thing with a Soundtrack field to provide a nice human readable identification of what type of soundtrack a movie has (DTS-HD MA, 7.1ch, that sort of thing).

Pages: [1]   Go Up