INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't check Madvr stats (solved with latest update; like a BOSS!)  (Read 1018 times)

yogibee

• Recent member
Can't check Madvr stats (solved with latest update; like a BOSS!)
« on: September 16, 2018, 04:38:38 pm »

Ctrl+J is no longer working to check stats for madvr? Using madvr 0.92.14 with the latest j river. V24
Edit - debug OSD -Toggle on/off doesn't work, regardless of changing hotkeys.
Tried with jriver v23 and it's working...something got broken with the latest jriver v.24

Edit- don't know what voodoo you guys did, but as a flirc user not having this issue anymore! Great work guys and I (and I think a lot of us appreciate it!)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can't check Madvr stats
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 05:32:17 pm »

It's not an MC problem.  MC uses ctrl-J to check for updates.  If you're on a screen where madVR is active, it may be able to use ctrl-j.

yogibee

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 05:38:57 pm »

I'm on screen when trying it (as I always do) and I can't bring up the stats to the left any more.. As I said, works with v23..the only thing I can think of is that I added a flirc IR..but its working with v23?!
Madvr uses Ctrl+j as a hotkey in full screen and detached fyi.
And as I said; changed it to Ctrl+i, Ctrl+9 etc...no joy!
Not a big issue..still on trial for v24 but I guess I'll just fall back to v23 if this is not an issue that can't be remedied.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 06:09:40 pm »

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

yogibee

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 06:22:40 pm »

See this for the simple workaround: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,105638.msg743009.html#msg743009
You hit the hammer on the nail! Even though this shouldn't even be an issue, and it is an arduous workaround I thank you for it, truly! I hope this gets fixed as I didn't have issues with this previously. Thanx again RoderickGI!

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Can't check Madvr stats (Not solved, but workaround)
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 06:29:19 pm »

It's a madVR issue, as far as I can see.

yogibee

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2018, 06:35:22 pm »

It's a madVR issue, as far as I can see.
Is or did you mean isn't?

yogibee

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2018, 07:08:31 pm »

Solved! Flirc is the culprit! When I have flirc IR active, switching is a problem with the hotkey for madvr Ctrl+j ...will put in a ticket with them..JimH, seems your right!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2018, 07:11:08 pm »

Solved! Flirc is the culprit! When I have the software flirc open, switching is no problem with the hotkey...will put in a ticket with them..JimH, seems your right!
It happens from time to time.  Thanks for the report.

yogibee

• Recent member
Re: Can't check Madvr stats (solved, with last update for flirc users)
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2018, 04:31:53 pm »

Thank you! It's not an issue anymore!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 07:06:23 pm »

The issue was permanently fixed with this change:

24.0.54 (9/25/2018)
2. Changed: There is a work-around in place to try to directly send hotkeys to madVR if the raw Remote plugin is enabled, which otherwise prevents madVR hotkeys from working.

So did you upgrade to 24.0.54 and it started working again, or did you just turn off the "Remote, Keyboard, gamepad, or other HID" setting?

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/MadVR_Expert_Guide#User_Interface
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

yogibee

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2018, 07:21:51 pm »

Thank you so much!!!!! I can confirm it is working without any issues! Used the workaround you suggested, no need anymore. Again, thanks for ironing out this  annoying bug! Y'all truly do an amazing job at making a greater user experience and we all appreciate you for it!!
 Is there a link/place where ppl can send currency to JRiver? If not y'all should really consider it (I'm not really active so this might seem like a newbie question) but if not consider it! Would like a way to make micro transactions! Never felt the need until you guys! You handle you're business!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Can't check Madvr stats (solved with latest update; like a BOSS!)
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2018, 07:39:39 pm »

I don't think there is a "Donate" page or link available, although the question has been asked before.

Maybe Jim could set up a way for people to donate for good support, and send the donations on to the forum members who provide the support?  ;)

yogibee

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2018, 07:49:02 pm »

Hey, it's 2018! Y'all should really consider that! Micro payments are the way of the future and makes it easier for users to give as they can! Seriously though, this was a nagging issue for me, truly appreciate the time and effort that went into this and would like everyone involved to know that they made a difference! I never had a substitute to you guys, started off with JRiver and if I haven't been active in the forum, well hell, that's because its been working so smooth for me ;D
Keep up the good work and if transactions via PayPal come up, let me know, pronto!

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2018, 11:08:06 pm »

The problem is that you'll start seeing complaints that MC is a paid program, and people should not then have to pay more to get the support they feel JRiver  entitles them to.
Pages: [1]   Go Up