INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver DLNA server not showing on control points  (Read 1557 times)

PSH

• Recent member
JRiver DLNA server not showing on control points
« on: September 17, 2018, 08:19:21 am »

My set up consists of:
Server = Raspberry Pi running the most recent Linux implementation of MC24 and a Synology NAS on a home network.
Renderers = Naimuniti and Gramofon.
Control point(s) = iPod, iPad and Android running the Naim and Qualcomm Jukebox (for the Gramofon) apps.
PC http access (using VNC) shows that MC24 is running and indeed using the interface on the Naimuniti renderer is fine.  However, MC24 simply does not appear on the control points using the Naim and Jukebox apps.
Any thoughts welcomed.

PSH

• Recent member
Re: JRiver DLNA server not showing on control points
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 10:37:42 am »

P.S.  It shows on all control points after a reboot but then disappears after a time - not sure about the exact length of time.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 12:14:01 pm »

Make sure the DLNA server function is enabled in MC's Media Network Advanced options settings.

Check your PC to make sure MC24 has firewall permission also in any third party security apps you may have.

PSH

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 04:52:14 pm »

Hello Bob.
Thanks for your suggestions.
Yes, the DLNA server function is enabled.
The internal network is operating through a Netgear switch rather than the router so I don't believe firewall permissions apply - I have however switched off extended UPnP security on the router just in case.  Furthermore, the Raspberry Pi, on which MC24 is running, doesn't have any security apps.
None of this has changed the situation as MC24 works for a time after a Raspberry Pi reboot and now I can report that MC24 fails across most of the network after 5 hours or so.
Do you think it is because the Raspberry Pi goes into some sort of sleep mode?...........although, if it does, it doesn't affect other UPnP/DLNA servers.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 09:38:35 am »

Hello Bob.
Thanks for your suggestions.
Yes, the DLNA server function is enabled.
The internal network is operating through a Netgear switch rather than the router so I don't believe firewall permissions apply - I have however switched off extended UPnP security on the router just in case.  Furthermore, the Raspberry Pi, on which MC24 is running, doesn't have any security apps.
None of this has changed the situation as MC24 works for a time after a Raspberry Pi reboot and now I can report that MC24 fails across most of the network after 5 hours or so.
Do you think it is because the Raspberry Pi goes into some sort of sleep mode?...........although, if it does, it doesn't affect other UPnP/DLNA servers.
I don't think it's going into sleep mode.
Are you using a IdPi or something you put together on your own?
Could you log onto the Pi and check to see if MC is still running and what version you are running?

PSH

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 10:08:01 am »

No, not using IdPi.  I installed Raspbian followed by MC24.
Yes, MC24.0.28 is still running and can be used by the Naimuniti renderer itself but is not seen by the control points (after 5 hours or so following a reboot).

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 12:04:48 pm »

No, not using IdPi.  I installed Raspbian followed by MC24.
Yes, MC24.0.28 is still running and can be used by the Naimuniti renderer itself but is not seen by the control points (after 5 hours or so following a reboot).

Not quite sure what this would be.
You can look on the Media Network status screen on the Pi MC to see if all of the services are running.

Past that, if you have a PC you might try installing the free UPnP  developer tools to help pin down where the issue is.

PSH

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 02:51:01 am »

I monitored the Media Network status screen for more than 7 hours and the DLNA server continued to run.............and it's still running a day later! Cosmic glitch maybe. Fingers crossed that it will continue.
Many thanks for your support.
Pages: [1]   Go Up