INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No playback of audio  (Read 518 times)

Boydage

• Recent member
No playback of audio
« on: September 17, 2018, 05:45:25 pm »

Far out. I have spent ages on this. Plugged my PC into a Yamaha RX V 2500 with the optical connection. No audio will play with just an error message. The movies try to play, ask to change the settings, make the change, but then just a hiss coming from my speakers.

I dont know what to change, this after trying a bunch of different settings. So many I have forgotten which ones. Everything else on my PC is working soundwise except for JRiver.

Do you know the feeling when you know if you were 10 years old you would have smashed it with a hammer? I am there now rather reaching out for some help please. No audio will play. Version 24.

Oh. The error is just "something went wrong with playback"

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: No playback of audio
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 06:35:09 pm »

Have you been through Audio Setup on our wiki?

Can you play audio files?

What filetype are the movies?

Normally, you might use HDMI for audio and video.  Have you tried that?

Boydage

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 09:19:47 pm »

Hi,

There are multiple formats of all audio files along with the movies. Yes I have been through wiki. I have several computers with JRiver installed. And have been using it for some time now.

I do not have HDMI for this receiver but it is in the medium quality range. The receiver is taking all of the computer sounds including Chrome. The only program not working is J River.

I guess I dont know if I change any PC settings or J river settings??

Boydage

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 09:33:44 pm »

Hi,

I found the problem. Whilst this PC, a remote one was able to download the library off my main computer. The NAS holding my music files had been shut off. So the library was there, showing all my 90Gb of music. But the actual source was missing.

Ive posted this so others know from me being a dork.
Pages: [1]   Go Up