INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Difficulties in listening stereo music  (Read 467 times)

ecpleite

Difficulties in listening stereo music
« on: September 20, 2018, 02:54:24 pm »

Hi everybody, I am helping a cousin that is deaf 100% of one ear and he can ear only 20% of other heard (he uses a ear analog amplifier that he introduse in the ear channel). On the deaf ear he had a surgery of coclear implant that has a delay from the enviroment sound to transform in electrical pulse that is conect directly to the nerve. He canīt listen stereo music becouse of this delay. How can I put a delay in one channel that he can be able to listen with a headphone connect to the P2 plug cable computer. He must control this delay becouse he doesnīt know how many miliseconds are. He doesnīt have a JRiver player yet.

Regards
Eduardo Leite
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Difficulties in listenning stereo music
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 02:57:53 pm »

You're in luck!

Just add a "Delay" filter to Parametric Equalizer and set the delay for only one channel.

Just let us know if you have any other questions.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

wer

Re: Difficulties in listenning stereo music
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 11:33:21 pm »

Never ceases to surprise me some of the esoteric problems this software can solve.

Makes perfect sense when explained but it had never even entered my imagination that someone would have this need (with latency in one ear).

This could be a really big deal for his cousin.  Seems like the sort of thing JRiver could make an ad campaign from... "Software improving lives..."

I didn't know cochlear implants had sufficient fidelity and resolution that one could enjoy music with them...  I think this is somewhat inspiring.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Difficulties in listening stereo music
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 06:30:13 am »

Matt's dad is partially deaf from raising kids that were yelling all the time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up