INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlist to my Sony NW-a45  (Read 2107 times)

hstokar

• Recent member
Playlist to my Sony NW-a45
« on: September 21, 2018, 04:21:57 pm »

How do I get a Playlist to appear on my Sony NW-a45?  I try 'send to' but then playlists show empty on the Sony player

swiv3d

Re: Playlist to my Sony NW-a45
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 04:31:16 pm »

You need to do a handheld sync to the device not a send to. Create a playlist. Got to handheld sync and select your device and then in the window select ONLY the playlist you have created and then click sync.

swiv3d

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 04:43:39 pm »

What exactly did you do?

swiv3d

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 05:36:32 pm »

Ok I  just tried this - My playlist appears on my Sony player with no problem. After the sync you need to go to the windows exploer view of your hand held device and loook in the playlists folder for your new play;ist.

swiv3d

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 03:14:08 pm »

OK - In the handheld sync options dialog you will see a Files, Paths & More  section in that there is an address for the playlist, which probably says Playlists\
Change this to MUSIC\
Also change the playlist option to .m3u  - full path without drive letter.
I am presuming here that the NW-a45 has a folder for each media type like my NW-A15

swiv3d

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 04:07:30 pm »

Click the drop down for playlist format shown in the second image and from the multitude of options it shows select the one I have highlighted

swiv3d

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 04:24:11 pm »

Glad I could help - enjoy the music!

swiv3d

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 02:07:19 pm »

I would opt to delete all of the files on the sony and then do a sync using a set of playlists. If you transfer files using windows explorer and then use MC sync it may put the files into a different folder on the sony giving you the duplicates you see. By the way if you have tracks with accented characters in the filename you need to ensure that your playlists are outputted in m3u8 format.
Pages: [1]   Go Up