INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: saving Playback Range in Playlist instead of file  (Read 946 times)

wynnytsky

• Recent member
saving Playback Range in Playlist instead of file
« on: September 22, 2018, 03:10:54 pm »

currently the only way to make a quick playlist of snippets is to copy the desired tracks from the albums into a new folder, import that folder into my library, then set the Playback Range on each track.  Initially tried to accomplish this with a CUE sheet that jumped folders&drives but that didn't work.  Tried setting the Playback Ranges, then exporting the playlist as MPL (which indeed included the Playback Range), then cleared the Playback Ranges in the files.  But when I dragged the MPL into a new playlist, the Playback Ranges didn't carry back in.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: saving Playback Range in Playlist instead of file
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 04:50:58 pm »

have you tried preview mode?
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

swiv3d

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 05:06:10 pm »

If you have a .mpl playlist with what you want in it, why are you putting it into another playlist?

rick5

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 05:17:29 pm »

Hope I'm not joining this thread too late, and am being on point. I sometimes want to set a playback range to apply for the song only within a certain playlist (for example, to cut out chatter at the end that is nice if listening to the album as the artist intended, but not within a playlist of various artists' songs). Is there a simple setting to make a song's playback range apply (or not) in circumstance x (where x might be {apply playback if playlist})? The workaround I found was to make a copy of the song in my library, modify tags slightly (album, name) so the copy would not play as part of the original album, but could be added to the playlist with a desired playback range. It works, but seems a little clumsy and work-intensive. Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up