INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I restore my panes in a new installation?  (Read 360 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
How do I restore my panes in a new installation?
« on: September 24, 2018, 12:47:16 pm »

Hi,

I installed MC24 on a newly installed Windows 10, and loaded a backup of the library and settings. However, my panes (on the left) cannot be found! I put a lot of work into customizing my panes, so how do I restore them from my Windows 7 installation (which is still on another drive of my computer)?
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

audunth

Re: How do I restore my panes in a new installation?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 01:18:56 pm »

Okay, I copied the whole Media Center 24 folder under AppData\Roaming\J River\ from my Windows 7 drive to my Windows 10 drive, and now when I start MC my panes are back. But using the same AppData folder for both installations seems like asking for trouble...can anyone tell me exactly where the panes are stored, so that if I tweak them in Windows 10, I don't have to do it all over again in Windows 7 (or vice versa)?
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

wer

Re: How do I restore my panes in a new installation?
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 08:26:07 pm »

Hmm.  "Panes" is a term JRiver uses to refer to window sections that appear in the upper portion of the RIGHT-hand window.  Not sure exactly what you mean by panes on the left.

Are you able to post before and after screenshots to show what you mean?

Panes are part of a view configuration and would be restored when you restore a library.
Pages: [1]   Go Up