INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC21 Unable to import music files from hard disk  (Read 576 times)

vinmusic

MC21 Unable to import music files from hard disk
« on: September 24, 2018, 01:02:20 am »

Recently my computer was reformat due to some virus and my MC21 was also wipe off. Ignorant of the licence requirement I install MC24 into the system and files was imported to it. As I am unable to restore my key product to the latest version and was told by Jim of JRiver to restore the previous version where I bought licence. Thus I uninstall the MC24 from the computer and reinstall JRiver MC21.
The problem with MC21 was that I am unable to import my music files from the C:drive folder regardless of setting the various file location and parameter. Can any kind members here be able to advise me what is causing this bug. By the way I am using window 10 OS. Thanks in advance

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC21 Unable to import music files from hard disk
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 06:25:21 am »

The wiki has a topic called Getting Started.  It links to a topic on importing files.  That's a good place to start.

You can also restore a backup from MC21 if you can find one.

If you reformatted your disk, the files won't be there. 

Try searching for the files in Explorer.

vinmusic

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 08:46:10 pm »

When my hard disk was re-format and install window 10, I copy a folder containing all my song files which I had backup in a external drive.
Using MC21 to import the files, the computer shows a process is ongoing but ultimately no files being imported.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 05:59:50 am »

Did you set up auto import? 

Does the process finish?

vinmusic

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 08:08:43 pm »

Yes auto import and file location has been set accordingly. When I click JRiver open still needs to wait for 40 seconds as per the count shown on the screen. But nothing happen, just for the record I have not input the key product to this mc21 or do a proper restore of licence key can this be the issue affecting the files download
Pages: [1]   Go Up