INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to JRiver - Trying to correct issues  (Read 474 times)

Famester V1

New to JRiver - Trying to correct issues
« on: September 24, 2018, 05:39:05 pm »

Hi all. I am new to JRiver - I should have come here first but I am stubborn sometimes and tried to figure it out myself.
I have an older Dell laptop hooked up via USB 2,0 to a PS Audio Directstream DAC
I believe I downloaded the correct drivers to play the PS Audio DAC using JRiver.
At first music would only come out of the laptop speakers
Intel Core Duo P8600 @ 2.40 GHz with only 2 GB Memory.(I should upgrade this memory) 
Windows 7 32 bit
I have an external hard drive that has some Hi Res Music on it connected via USB
I also have 3 MQA Hi Res CD's from Japan that I ripped into JRiver

First and main issue} My DAC tells me the resolution of the music, normally 24 Bit 192Khz or 96 Khz whatever it is.
I go to options and then playback settings and I play with the setting until the display changes from 16 bit 44 KHz to Hi Res 24 Bit 192Khz or 96 Khz
BUT it ONLY works for ONE song.
What are the correct settings to play back high res music?
I am not a computer genius, but I am fairly decent
Thanks in advance

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: New to JRiver - Trying to correct issues
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 05:46:11 pm »

Welcome to the forum.

Some DAC's only play certain formats, so you can use MC's DSP Studio > Output Settings to force all audio to settings that work.

Some DAC's don't behave well when switching formats.

The wiki has a topic called Audio Setup.  Use it to double check what you've done.

I might try removing the driver, just to see what happens.

Your laptop should be OK.

Famester V1

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 07:18:03 pm »

Thanks. I will give it a try

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 07:22:21 am »

That DAC should play up to 384 KHz PCM and  DSD (DoP) via USB. If you leave all the Output Format settings at No Change, the DAC should receive the same sample rate as the files. If you want to upsample 44.1 KHz CD files to higher sample rates, then the Output Format settings can be used.

At the top right of the MC display is a little icon next to shuffle. It is Audio Path. It tells you want is happening to the audio stream during playback. Take a look at that during playback.

What device setting are you using - I do not think PS Audio provides an ASIO driver, so it should be set to WASAPI.
Pages: [1]   Go Up