INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 24.0.54 -- Available Here  (Read 4012 times)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Media Center 24.0.54 -- Available Here
« on: September 27, 2018, 10:26:48 am »

Download standard build
This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 24.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 32-bit build
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v24/latest/MediaCenter240054.exe (works on all systems)

Download 64-bit build
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v24/latest/MediaCenter240054-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

24.0.54 (9/25/2018)

1. Changed: The file date created is preserved when a FLAC file needs to be rewritten for tagging.
2. Changed: There is a work-around in place to try to directly send hotkeys to madVR if the raw Remote plugin is enabled, which otherwise prevents madVR hotkeys from working.
3. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks matteo e massimo).
4. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
5. Changed: German translation updated (thanks ByteStar).
6. Fixed: Media Center could report duplicate tracks when adding to Radio Paradise in the last build.
7. NEW: The image rotation feature also works on BMP files and PNG files (as well as JPEG).
8. Fixed: Resizing splitters wouldn't work properly on high DPI.

24.0.53 (9/21/2018)

1. NEW: Added an option to choose perfomance-optimized hardware decoding for RO HQ (to help with 4K HDR playback).
2. NEW: Added a DSD Bitstreaming option to select the maximum DSD sample rate to bitstream, and otherwise fallback to decoding.
3. NEW: Enabled the "Glass" translucency/blur effect on Windows 8.1 and 10.
4. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
5. Changed: Media Center will select Forced Subtitles streams during video playback even in cases where the languages do not match.
6. NEW: When adding duplicate tracks to a playlist, the program will ask if you want to remove them.
7. Fixed: Drawing of link icons in the list could draw too small on high DPI.
8. Changed: Red October HQ updated to madVR 0.92.16 (improved HDR performance, and a lot of general fixes).
9. NEW: Media Center offers multiple preconfigured madVR quality presets to import (High Performance and Balanced for now, High Quality profiles will be added in the future).
10. Changed: Reverted this change: When a pane has an expression to display, the sorting will use that expression instead of the underlying data expression.
11. NEW: Panes allow picking the sorting "Display Expression" to bring the sorting back to by the display expression.
12. Fixed: Live OpenCable TV could hang at start up if started in non-time-shifting mode.

24.0.52 (9/14/2018)

1. Fixed: Editing the display name of a field in the Manage Library Fields dialog would break the connection with the field.
2. NEW: Closed Captioning support in ATSC live and recorded TV shows. Not quite done, but soon.
3. Fixed: Tab navigation was not working in some areas like the Pix01 upload page.
4. Fixed: If you edit a field's display name, it will auto-change if you type the same name as another field.
5. Changed: Pix01 uses more secure building and uploading of galleries. You MUST have this build or newer to upload galleries to Pix01 now.
6. NEW: Pix01 has a password change function which it triggered by the "forgot password" button in the pix01 login information box. ALL passwords for pix01 have been reset and will need to be updated by the user.
7. Changed: Pix01 has higher resolution gallery uploads and the webpage displays larger thumbnail images.

24.0.51 (9/10/2018)

1. Fixed: The change made in build 50 regarding Delete button erroneously allowed client service TV files to be deleted.
2. Changed: "Allow file deletion" Theater View option is honored for TV recordings.
3. NEW: Added the processing performance to the audio path for convolution.
4. Fixed: Over-the-air EPG loading did not work for DVB-C tuners.
5. NEW: DVB-C frequency table for Denmark.Yousee.Odense.Glentevejens.  Thanks ABA!
6. NEW: Added "Exempt from auto cleanup" button in Theater View for TV recordings.
7. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks matteo e massimo).
8. Changed: When a pane has an expression to display, the sorting will use that expression instead of the underlying data expression.
9. NEW: DLNA: If we are playing to (controlling) a renderer and the track playback stops before the end (granularity of 5 seconds) we assume another controller has been used to stop the playback and as such we will not continue a playlist and assume we are no longer the active controller.
10. Fixed: Deleting a TV recording that was still being recorded from a client did not work.
11. NEW: If an image is on the clipboard when the Get Cover Art dialog is shown, it will be added as the last entry in the list of choices.

24.0.50 (9/4/2018)

1. Fixed: Double-click on a password edit box would select only the number of characters of the same type (number or letter) instead of all the characters.
2. NEW: Links to individual playlists can be added to the toolbar.
3. Changed: Delete button is available again in Theater View on TV recordings that are still being recorded.  This is a reversal of a change made in build 34.

24.0.49 (8/29/2018)

1. Fixed: The program could crash when selecting subtitle streams from a video.
2. Changed: Radio JRiver will skip any files in a "Radio JRiver Skips" playlist.
3. NEW: Panel - Added an option to toggle ratings.
4. Changed: Panel - Added tabs to the settings page and groupings for similar options.
5. Changed: Panel - Thumbnail art is no longer cropped into squares.
6. Changed: Panel - Different icon for the streaming page button.
7. Fixed: Panel - Possible error on the Playing Now page if a file had no track information.
8. Fixed: Panel - A couple of issues with the alphabetic slider interface not working properly.
9. Fixed: Panel - Pressing the Playing Now page button was not scrolling the currently playing track to the top of the list on mobile devices.
10. Fixed: Panel - The file list was not loading correctly because it wasn't rendering properly.

24.0.48 (8/24/2018)

1. NEW: Added the expression function StackCount() to return the number of files in a stack.
2. Fixed: Radio Paradise could just play the opening listener supported clip over and over in some cases (at least until more tracks loaded).

24.0.47 (8/21/2018)

1. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
2. Fixed: The OpenGL variant of Theater View didn't support clicking the rating bar in Playing Now.
3. Changed: ATSC OTA EPG scanning is more efficient.
4. Fixed: Radio Paradise could report a problem starting playback (and not play).
5. Fixed: Blu-rays discs with a missing playlist are more gracefully handled.
6. NEW: Added the option General > Behavior > Remove files from Playing Now after they are played.

24.0.46 (8/7/2018)

1. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
2. Fixed: Improved the reliability of the WDM audio driver, especially in WASAPI exclusive mode.
3. NEW: Added the ability to add a Clear Playing Now button to the toolbar.
4. Fixed: Tagging CD files (and possibly other areas) could sometimes show no dropdown choices instead of all the choices from the library.

24.0.45 (7/26/2018)

1. NEW: MCWS calls to GetInfo can specify "Calculated" for the fields to have the calculated fields included.
2. Changed: When failing to download internet EPG data during automatic updates, MC will not immediately re-try downloading.  Instead it will re-try 30 to 60 minutes later.
3. Changed: PercData EPG data is cached for 12 hours instead of 6 hours.
4. NEW: A button to exit the program can be added to the toolbar.
5. Changed: Updated the Korean translation (thanks Junghwan).
6. Fixed: The ratings on the OSD would not always stay in step when playing images.
7. Fixed: Installing 32-bit Media Center would not properly use the Program Files (x86) folder since 24.0.41.
8. NEW: The maximum memory playback size allocated is expanded to 4 GB from 1 GB on 64-bit builds.

24.0.44 (7/16/2018)

1. Changed: Volume protection won't engage for 30 minutes since the end of a file as well (instead of just 30 minutes from the start of a file).
2. Fixed: APL files would report the wrong length for the last file on an album.
3. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
4. NEW: Added Audio Path to the Theater View roller of Playing Now to display a prompt with all of the audio path information.
5. Fixed: Stopping image playback could crash.
6. Fixed: Subwoofer Low-pass from the Output Format DSP was not being applied properly in Pseudo Surround streams.
7. Changed: Added a 'Reset and Restore License' button to the registration info dialog on the Help menu.
8. Fixed: Adding an ellipsis to the end of a note name was not working properly.
9. Changed: Updated the Korean translation (thanks Junghwan).

24.0.43 (7/11/2018)

1. Changed: Spacebar no longer fires Car Radio buttons, instead it will just toggle pause.
2. Changed: The maximum buffering for Direct Sound was increased from one second to three seconds.
3. Changed: Added buffering values for ASIO up to 3 seconds (previously stopped at 500ms).
4. Changed: Tweaks to Radio Paradise playback of the listener supported clips (previously the playback range could be invalid).
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

lello

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRiver Media Center 24.0.54 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 11:46:47 am »

I updated hoping to solve a problem I had with the Blu Ray menus, given the new version of madvr, but the problem remained.

Basically, with the Blu Ray menu option enabled, subtitles do not appear in the lower center, but in the middle of the screen and move to the left.

At this point I think the fault is not of madvr, but some of my wrong setting: what advice?

Thank you

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 07:19:45 pm »

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 07:31:00 pm »

Basically, with the Blu Ray menu option enabled, subtitles do not appear in the lower center, but in the middle of the screen and move to the left.

Try deleting the content of the [Playback Info] tag for the Blu-ray. That contains the subtitle information.

If that doesn't work, or you have questions about how, start a new thread to ask the question.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RD James

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 03:02:21 am »

When you updated madVR, it appears that you deleted the original folder and replaced it, rather than updating the components inside.
Please don't do that, I had to restore my madVR setup via a backup.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 05:10:09 am »

When you updated madVR, it appears that you deleted the original folder and replaced it, rather than updating the components inside.
Please don't do that, I had to restore my madVR setup via a backup.

It doesn't actually do that, it deletes all files in the folder except .bin and .3dlut, temporarily renames the settings.bin file, unpacks new madVR, and then renames the backup back to settings.bin
I confirmed this to be fully functional just now.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2018, 09:07:06 am »

On the new version i see a problem how it display the icons/image thumbnails. Checked on different default skins and it seems that is the same problem on all of them.
Is this related to this?:
7. Fixed: Drawing of link icons in the list could draw too small on high DPI.

RD James

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2018, 09:19:11 am »

It doesn't actually do that, it deletes all files in the folder except .bin and .3dlut, temporarily renames the settings.bin file, unpacks new madVR, and then renames the backup back to settings.bin
I confirmed this to be fully functional just now.
Ah, well that's why it still removed the settings.bak (and my ".backup" files) along with the empty "ShowRenderSteps" and "ShowHdrMode" files used to unlock debug information in the OSD.

net23

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2018, 03:28:05 pm »

Right clicking on the headers at the top list of the various columns in a view no longer gives an option to autosize the various columns so that each row is spaced to a length where the whole entry is visible. I thought that was getting sorted?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2018, 03:28:38 pm »

Double click on the divider.

swiv3d

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2018, 04:11:18 pm »

Right clicking on the column headers gives me an option to autosize the columns at the top of the popup menu. Might be missing something here perhaps?

net23

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2018, 04:12:25 pm »

Ah. Yep. That worked. Thanks!

abcde

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2018, 09:27:28 pm »

This version is awesome for 4K HDR. I select "Optimize hardware decoding for performance". "Hardware accelerate video decoding when possible" works finally. Some high bit rate 4K HDR videos are now playable. By the way I am using NVIDIA 2080.

abcde

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2018, 06:13:43 am »

After I exit 24.0.54, I got a window saying duplicates in playlist error. Going back to 24.0.52 solves the problem.
24.0.54 is great for 4K HDR but sometimes it gave me black screen when I started to play a 4K video. I have to kill the process.

jcri

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2018, 06:59:33 am »

hi add multiple behavior for double-clic :video , audio etc
Pages: [1]   Go Up