INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: playlist 'group by' album in view? or other alternative approaches?  (Read 888 times)

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen

Hi

Was wondering if there is anyway in a playlist/smartlist to 'group by' album in view?
that is not show a list of files but rather have them represented as albums?

EDIT: in smartlist view there Seems to be that option in the 'list style'. thats missing from the playlist view..is that correct?

alternatively is there another way to curate an ongoing list of TODO albums to listen to where it would just show albums i can quick press to play?

best

Z

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: playlist 'group by' album in view? or other alternative approaches?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 06:06:05 am »

Make a Panes view.  Edit the first column and change the type of that column to "Playlist Group".  Then choose a group, or choose the root of all playlists.  Then you can browse through your playlists using this Panes column.

Down below you will see a list of songs, probably grouped by album.  But you just want to see the album cover.  So, go to the little drop down menu at the top of the Panes view.  You'll see a tiny down arrow next to the name of your view in the tab that it's in.  Click that and you'll get a menu.  Then select List Style > Album Thumbnails .

Now your list of songs down below is an album list and it ONLY shows album covers.  That should be pretty close to what you want.

I use one of these views to organize my playlists, because almost every playlist I have is composed of full albums and not merely songs.

Brian.

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
Re: playlist 'group by' album in view? or other alternative approaches?
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 08:29:12 am »

thats perfect!

thx so much!!

Z
Pages: [1]   Go Up