INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I Use JR River?  (Read 1273 times)

fluteman32

Can I Use JR River?
« on: October 01, 2018, 08:50:49 am »

My music is stored on a NAS (My Cloud EX2100). It is wirelessly set to a Cambridge Audio Streamer, which then feeds it to my amp and speakers.
How could I utilize JR River? (btw, my amp does not receive a WIFI signal, only the Cambridge Audio unit does). I am not pleased with the software in the Cambridge Streamer....
Any help is very much appreciated.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can I Use JR River?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 10:10:57 pm »

Download the DMRA from my sig, and run the test. If it finds the Cambridge Audio device as a UPNP DLNA renderer, then yes you could use MC to attach to your music library on your NAS and push to your renderer..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

MikeO

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can I Use JR River?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 12:50:39 am »

I use the CA CXN , the Azur 851 has the same streamer unit so should be ok

If you start up the CXN, it will check the network etc, make sure the Media Network is switched on options> media network

In the MC main tree view, Playing now section the CXN will show as a zone, select it and play.

I use JRemote as my control app and the CXN works fine. You need to set up views in options to customize the views.

CA Connect is a bit primitive compared to JRemote but does have the advantage of direct Tidal streaming

To set up views for CA Connect you Ned to go to Options>media network>set up DLNA views, that will customize the look and feel of CA Connect

Hope this helps, if in doubt shout , I have been using this setup for around 4 yrs , I have seen most of the quirks by now

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up