INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: newbie questions on wireless speakers  (Read 1028 times)

perry59

• Junior Woodchuck
newbie questions on wireless speakers
« on: October 02, 2018, 02:43:15 pm »

I was playing around with houseband (JRiver alexa skill) and loved it. first just using bluetooth and streaming music to my echo, but now I want the whole enchilada.
I have some pretty nice Klipsch speakers hooked up to my yamaha receiver, but unfortunately its "old school" hard wired.
So I am looking for recommendations for wireless speakers. This probably is not the best thread for the question, but I figure some of the people here have some experience with it.
I'd love to have the wireless Klipsch's but they are pretty spendy and it looks like they need additional hardware (controller), on the other hand I hear Sono's mentioned a lot but I am not sure of the sound quality and they seem almost as expensive as the Klipsch's which I'm sure I'd love. Also concerned about limited range of bluetooth connections. Wifi would probably be better.
Does anyone have any recommendations for good wireless speakers that a financially challenged audiophile could afford?
Thanks!

rocksteady40

• Recent member
Re: newbie questions on wireless speakers
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 06:10:06 am »

This doesn't directly answer your question, but you might consider buying a new (to you at least) receiver for your Klipsch system that has wireless capability.  In that way your Klipschs stay intact.

perry59

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: newbie questions on wireless speakers
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 07:03:43 pm »

True, and that is high on my list. Then, I could set my receiver and those nice Klipsch's as my main zone.
I did however buy some Klipsch R-15PM speakers which for now I can link to my wifes echo via bluetooth. Couldn't resist, got a brand new pair for $140.
She will be happy with them, not as picky on sound as I am.
I would have preferred wifi type speakers as bluetooth is not optimal for quality so I am still looking at other klipsch wifi speakers but the price goes up quite a bit in that catagory.
Pages: [1]   Go Up