INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quickest keyboard way to add music to now playing?MC users suggested methods?  (Read 462 times)

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen

Hi all

I find the search method currently in MC rather cumbersome to quick fire up a global search and quick add music .

I have used MPD/Amarok etc on linux for many years and there i could have a quick bind to bring up a search box where i could quickly query my entire collection and quick add albums/artist/tracks to the current playing playlist.

I was wondering how other user of MC do this? how do you guys quick add music?

to me the most intuitive way would be to launch a keybind that focuses the search and then fire away some key strokes that searches across my entire audio library. I think that back in the day (MC ~11) there was something like that but im may be senile at my age.. :)

Would love to hear how other MC users address this :D

best

Z

carlismysecondname

• Junior Woodchuck

Well, there is a "quick play" button you could use -- found it rather slow and cumbersome. I did play around with modifying keyboard shortcuts before but found it rather difficult. On the other hand, you could always just use the regular old find box (Ctrl+F) in the upper right corner -- find that a bit annoying (maybe I'm just a slow typer) as the search would often start before I've even finished typing out a word. I sometimes find myself just using the search wizard box, which is even slower but at least much more accurate. Honestly, it takes me a quite while to find the exact music I want to play at any given moment. I guess I need to find a more efficient method.
Pages: [1]   Go Up