INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA Metadata Options  (Read 893 times)

gtp600

• Recent member
DLNA Metadata Options
« on: October 06, 2018, 01:00:19 pm »

I'm using MC23.0.104 (64 bit) on Windows 10. I was wondering if there is a way to "manage or change" the metadata that gets transferred between the DLNA server & DLNA renderer?

For example:
1) If I'm using MC as a DLNA server, is there a way to edit/change the audio track metadata that it sends to DLNA renderers?
2) If using MC as a DLNA renderer, is there a way to edit/change the audio track metadata it requests from DLNA servers?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DLNA Metadata Options
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 01:03:00 pm »

I'm using MC23.0.104 (64 bit) on Windows 10. I was wondering if there is a way to "manage or change" the metadata that gets transferred between the DLNA server & DLNA renderer?

For example:
1) If I'm using MC as a DLNA server, is there a way to edit/change the audio track metadata that it sends to DLNA renderers?
2) If using MC as a DLNA renderer, is there a way to edit/change the audio track metadata it requests from DLNA servers?
Not really.
The metadata that can be transferred depends on the DLNA ContentDirectory spec.
As far as I know were are doing all of the ones supported by the spec that map to similar fields in our database.
We also support packetview (twonky) extensions but you shouldn't count on other devices doing the same.

gtp600

• Recent member
Re: DLNA Metadata Options
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 09:10:48 am »

Thanks for the response.
Pages: [1]   Go Up