INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dual Screen Setup - how to do it correct?  (Read 1590 times)

aarsoe

• Recent member
Dual Screen Setup - how to do it correct?
« on: October 08, 2018, 01:58:35 am »

Hi

Long time user of JRiver. Love the product but having some challenges in regards to what the best way to solve my issue..

So I wish I were a millionaire, the song goes - and so do I, but I am not so I have a combined Audio room and home cinema setup.
For the best possible solution in my Audio setup I have a 27 inch touch screen that allows me to easily navigate my music. Works like a charm.
For my home cinema I basically do the same. My media files are installed on my server and I can access them via JRiver and select via the touch
interface. Now the challenge is that my touch monitor are like 99.99% of all monitors not base on an OLED panel - so even when it goes black it still
lights up the room. Have been trying to solve this fairly simple issue but it really gives me headache.
If I turn off the monitor and only have my projector as the only screen somethings happens and I need to enter display setup before it will look ok.
This happens even though both are of the same resolution.
So does anyone have a good solution for some automated way to do this? I cannot only run on the Projector based on my need for an Audio setup.
Look forward to getting some good ideas.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Dual Screen Setup - how to do it correct?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 06:26:24 am »

What version of MC are you running?

aarsoe

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 01:38:27 pm »

Hi

Latest version.. (24.0.52)

swiv3d

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 02:38:17 pm »

The latest version is .55 available here:-
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,117681.0.html

A sheet of thick black paper to put on the screen of your touch display would solve the problem.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 06:23:11 pm »

The latest version is .55 available here:-
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,117681.0.html

A sheet of thick black paper to put on the screen of your touch display would solve the problem.
that is a grand idea to stop the lits up....
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

aarsoe

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 02:58:01 am »

ok - a black piece of paper or cardboard may solve it but it is not a very elegant solution. Was hoping someone had a better idea than that.
No other inputs? Surely other people must have done this setup. After all why have a touch skin (obsidian touch) that is designed for touch..

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 06:53:17 am »

Is the touch screen set up as the primary display in a dual monitor display?

Have you set it to automatically turn off after some period of time?

Have you considered using one of the remote solutions instead?   https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Remotes

I don't know if you can solve the problem by doing that.  I'm only trying to offer an option.

carlismysecondname

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 04:24:00 am »

I believe most people use a remote/JRemote/wireless keyboard & mouse of some kind. A tablet yes, but never heard of anyone using a 27" touchscreen to control media playback until now -- although, I've not been using the forums long.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2018, 05:12:45 am »

The key to the problem is Windows. It'll re-do the screen configuration when one goes away. Not sure if that can be prevented through configuration in Windows.

What *might* be possible is using a hardware solution like Dr.HDMI. Although I have no experience if it works in that particular scenario, but it might.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

alglove

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 04:23:51 pm »

I agree with Hendrik and think that it is a Windows issue. How are your monitor and projector connected to your computer (HDMI, VGA...)? Also, do they connect to the same graphics card, or to different graphics cards?

The computer I am typing this from has dual monitors (different resolutions, even), but has no issues with the display changing if I turn off one of the monitors using the on/off switch. Both monitors are connected to the same NVIDIA graphics card. However, I have a laptop at home that has issues when a monitor is added or removed. That laptop has two graphics processors (one Intel, one NVIDIA), and I think that causes issues when adding or removing monitors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up