INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ability to hide library fields?  (Read 921 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Ability to hide library fields?
« on: October 11, 2018, 10:30:43 am »

Recently, I've been tidying up my library... deleting old fields no longer used, deleting test fields that were forgotten about once testing was over, and so on, and I got to thinking (often quite dangerous :))...

MC has some fields hidden by default.

I think that I am not alone in that I have a plethora of custom fields that do other work for me. They not for tagging purposes. Things like fields for custom groupings, fields for age calculation, album ratings, calendar trees, import and play stats, and the like.

I would love to be able to mark these as 'hidden' so that I only see them in the 'manage library fields' tool if I select the (including hidden) option, or even, selecting 'only user fields' could bring them out of hiding?

Could that be possible or would that have wider ramifications I'm not aware of?

thoughts?

-marko.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Ability to hide library fields?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 10:46:55 am »

Sure thing Marko.

Coming next build:
Changed: Fields can be marked as hidden in the Manage Library Fields dialog.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 10:51:21 am »

Thank you kindly. Will test it out once released.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 11:03:57 am »

And just a note that only user created fields will allow changes to the hidden flag.  Auto-created fields will show the hidden state, but it will be disabled.

I also added a "Show only hidden fields" flag to the list of choices in the dialog as that made it a little easier to see.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 12:34:08 pm »

sweet  :D
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 06:17:38 am »

And just a note that only user created fields will allow changes to the hidden flag.  Auto-created fields will show the hidden state, but it will be disabled.

I also added a "Show only hidden fields" flag to the list of choices in the dialog as that made it a little easier to see.

Can we please have the ability to hide the default fields too? :P

I abandoned a lot of the default fields a long time ago, as the data isn't in the format I want. Carnac and the rest of the auto-tag filling stuff also tends to mess up on anything badly obscure, so I just don't tend to use any of the data there. If I want it, I copy it and edit it in my 'proper' working field.

At the minute, I've compromised by just dumping zzz_ onto the front of the display name so they get pushed to the bottom of the list.
Pages: [1]   Go Up