INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HD Homerun Connect tuners not seen by mc24, Win10, nuc8i5beh  (Read 1484 times)

hiyamack

HD Homerun Connect tuners not seen by mc24, Win10, nuc8i5beh
« on: October 15, 2018, 02:26:49 am »

Hello,

Using the Win10 HDHomerun app I can see all expected channels.
In MC24 when I select Television, setup, add postal code and select JTV, select antenna, Digital ATSC, then get a message saying I do not have a tuner configured.

I have fully updated Win10, MC24, Homerun Connect, and the Nuc8. I have enabled the JRiver Media network and added a pinhole to my router. The JRiver server is visible to other devices. I have disabled the windows firewall. I have stopped everything in services that had to do with Windows media player. I have tried different ports and switches.
Device manager looks clear, but there is no sign of the Silicon Dust HDconnect.  I have other network devices working with the Nuc and the HDconnect App shows up under network devices but I cannot make any changes there.

I do not find a way to configure the Homerun connect as suggested in the forums. The only thing I see from silicon dust is the win10 app.  The HDconnect does show up as a MC library but attempts to use it failed.

I am using an HDHR4-2US network connected.  I am new to windows 10 but was able to use Windows 7 with an internal TV card and JRiver for years. I am not proficient with networking. What am I missing?

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: HD Homerun Connect tuners not seen by mc24, Win10, nuc8i5beh
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 08:11:28 am »

There is software setup on the machine that needs to use the tuners other than the windows 10 app. It installs drivers and there is a configuration where you can set the tuners to "JRiver mode". I know it works with HDHR Prime (cablecard), no idea about your Connect. Here is the link to the latest:
http://download.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/hdhomerun_windows_20180921.exe
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 08:12:15 am »

Did you follow the Silicondust instructions?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 08:44:56 am »

Make sure you give MC full access through your firewall.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

hiyamack

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 06:12:58 am »

tzr916, you are correct that was what I needed.  I had run that install file earlier. The first time I ran it and it asked for a restart I thought it was complete.  It was not.  All it had done was install microsoft visual c++.  I ran the same executable file again and it installed the software I needed.  A few clicks later and I was up and running.

Thank you.

The interact forum has been very helpful to me over the years.  Thanks to all the contributors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up