INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this setup possible?  (Read 802 times)

peterears

• Recent member
Is this setup possible?
« on: October 16, 2018, 08:08:30 am »

I understand that you can no longer install JRiver on a QNAP Nas. However, is it possible to have the LIBRARY on the NAS, and use JRiver Media Centre on a PC, to 'control' the files in the library, and 'send' the music from the LIBRARY on the NAS, via the ethernet cable from the NAS, to my DAC?
(My DAC is optimised for ethernet IN, so I am trying to figure out a way to achieve this with JRiver.)

At the moment my working options are the DAC manufacturer's APP (which is not very user friendly with a large music library) talking to the Minimserver library on the NAS. Or using Lumin APP (i.e. an APP from a different manufacturer) talking to MinimServer on the NAS, in conjunction with BubbleUpnp (on my NAS) to create an OpenHome renderer for the Dac - which on first listen seems to be downgrading audio quality relative to using the DAC manufacturers APP (which doesn't require the OpenHome renderer).

I'd love to know if there is a configuration (that uses the ethernet OUT from the NAS and into the DAC) that can be driven by JRiver.

P

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Is this setup possible?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 09:03:53 am »

You could try running with the MC24 Docker image on the QNAP.
Search for that on the Linux board.

peterears

• Recent member
Re: Is this setup possible?
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 05:27:32 am »

Will do. Thank you. P
Pages: [1]   Go Up