INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: licensing question  (Read 500 times)

captain starlight

• Recent member
licensing question
« on: October 16, 2018, 10:41:27 pm »

Hi all,

Newbie here who has been trialing the software of the past week.  I have a question about the licensing - particularly on multiple machines.  The licensing page says:

During the two-week period after you have purchased or restored, you can use the Install Key you received to activate the program on your other computers.  You may use a single license for all you computers, within reason. 

My question is:  i plan to install JRiver on 2 windows boxes - the first will be installled as soon as I register it, but the second installation wont occur for about a month or so afterwards (as i plan to build another box but cannot do that until i get some work committments out of the way).   So can i still use the install key on the second box about 4-6 weeks after i purchased it - even though the first box already has it?   If i do have to restore an install key for the second box, then will the software on the first box still be activated?

Thanks

The Captain

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: licensing question
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 11:20:17 pm »

My question is:  i plan to install JRiver on 2 windows boxes - the first will be installled as soon as I register it, but the second installation wont occur for about a month or so afterwards (as i plan to build another box but cannot do that until i get some work committments out of the way).   So can i still use the install key on the second box about 4-6 weeks after i purchased it - even though the first box already has it?   

Thanks

The Captain
Hey Captain welcom to Interact!  JRiver MC is the most powerful multi use player ever! A wise investment!

thats 2 questions
My question is:  i plan to install JRiver on 2 windows boxes - the first will be installled as soon as I register it, but the second installation wont occur for about a month or so afterwards (as i plan to build another box but cannot do that until i get some work committments out of the way).   So can i still use the install key on the second box about 4-6 weeks after i purchased it - even though the first box already has it?

no. ...those keys are only good for 14days...not to worry you have plenty of installs available.

If i do have to restore an install key for the second box, then will the software on the first box still be activated?

Yes. all you need to do is input the actual license key. at that point you will get another install key.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: licensing question
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 12:52:54 pm »

When you purchase your original license, you'll get a file with the .mjr suffix, which activates your license. This is good for 14 days. You'll also get an email with your registration code for MC24. That never expires. When you make your second system, you can activate it by entering your registration code from the email. That will generate and send to you a new .mjr file for activating your install.
It's the registration code that is the principal mode of licensing multiple copies of MC over time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up