INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to get Comment to show in Theater View for Audio Tracks  (Read 556 times)

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
How to get Comment to show in Theater View for Audio Tracks
« on: October 17, 2018, 01:20:13 am »

Hi,

I am using MC 24 for backing tracks playback on stage and the only thing I can't seem to enable is the tagged "Comment" field to display with the track listings in theater view for audio tracks. Is this possible?

I have it selected in Tools>Options>Theater View> Advanced>Tag Menu Fields (Audio) but it does not appear in Theater View.

Thanks

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to get Comment to show in Theater View for Audio Tracks
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 02:13:39 am »

I have never used the "Tag Menu Fields (Audio)" setting and didn't know what it actually did. A little research found this as the best answer" https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,67709.0.html

That settings just moves, or actually puts a copy, of the fields listed at the top of the list of fields that can be tagged in Theatre View, using the "Tag" menu option when a track is selected. So the most commonly used tags are listed at the top of the scrollable list, in alphabetical order, and after that the full list of tags is shown, also in alphabetical order.

So, to answer your question, tell us what View you are actually using in Theatre View. Because only the Album name is displayed in a List View of Albums, the Artist name in a List View of Artists, etc.

I think what you actually want is to display more data when you select an individual Track, in the Info Panel. That function is set up under "Options > Theatre View > Appearance > Customise files info panel". For Audio files you will need to edit the default Audio Template and add in the [Comment] field, then position it in the list as you want, and probably uncheck the "Hide when value is empty" checkbox.

If that isn't what you are looking for, post an image of the screen you are trying to add more data to.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up