INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Server converting FLAC to MP3  (Read 1770 times)

RalphBP

• Recent member
JRiver Media Server converting FLAC to MP3
« on: October 19, 2018, 05:47:54 pm »

Hi
I rip all my music using FLAC. I have a Marantz 7703 Pre-processor. I have played DLNA files from JRiver Media Server on the Marantz and they have played pas FLAC. For some reason they are now playing as MP3-360kps. I've set my JRiver Media Server under Media Server/Client Options/Audio Conversion to "Don't convert audio" I've read the posts regarding this issue on this forum. I have not been able to find an solution. I am looking for help on how to remedy this situation. Maybe a corrupted configuration file in JRiver. Don't know. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance for any help provided.
Ralph

alglove

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver Media Server converting FLAC to MP3
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 06:18:10 pm »

Ah, I think you may be changing the wrong setting.

Try going to Options --> Media Network --> Add or configure DLNA servers...  Here, you can create different profiles for your devices. So you may either keep the "Generic DLNA" profile, or add a new one and call it "Marantz". Once you have done this, set Audio --> Mode: Original. Hit "OK" to save all your changes.

Now, go back to the main Media Center screen, go to the "Playing Now" section, and look for your Marantz 7703. Right-click the Marantz 7703. If you have created more than one DLNA profile, there will be an option to "Associate with DLNA Server..." Choose the DLNA profile you have just created (Generic DLNA or Marantz), and your FLAC files should now get sent without getting converted.

The nice thing about this setup is that it lets you create different profiles for your DLNA devices, depending on their capabilities. :)

RalphBP

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 08:45:46 pm »

Hi
Thanks. Using a forum reminds me of the old Compuserve days. I always got excellent help on there forums.
I didn't realize that you could modify the current profile or create a new one. What you recommended worked as long as I create a new profile for the Marantz. If I modify the generic profile to keep the original format, the setting changes back to convert to MP3. Is the generic profile not configurable?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 10:19:19 am »

Hi
Thanks. Using a forum reminds me of the old Compuserve days. I always got excellent help on there forums.
I didn't realize that you could modify the current profile or create a new one. What you recommended worked as long as I create a new profile for the Marantz. If I modify the generic profile to keep the original format, the setting changes back to convert to MP3. Is the generic profile not configurable?
You hit "OK" to accept the changes on both the DLNA server AND Options dialogs, correct?
If so, the changes are saved immediately.
Pages: [1]   Go Up