INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with TV Tuner  (Read 1057 times)

Cyndrax

• Recent member
  • Trying desperately to get it all together...
Help with TV Tuner
« on: May 30, 2003, 01:18:49 am »

When I try to set up Media Center to use my TV Tuner card (ProVideo PV-256T), I am given the choice to set up cable vs antenna and a country.  However, none of the country choices are USA???  How do I go about getting the card set up properly?  I know the card works, because I can use it in the program that came with it.   It has WDM drivers, so I believe it should work with Media Center.

Brian

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Help with TV Tuner
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2003, 06:43:18 am »

Somehow your driver does not report NTSC format as one being supported. Otherwise you should see "United States of America" in the list.

Try editing the registry under this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Jukebox\TV Settings

and add/edit the following values

"Country Code" - DWORD value, should be 1.
"Country Name" - String value, should be "United States of America"
"TV Standard" - DWORD value, should be 1.

Then manually add a channel and see if you can play it.

Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Cyndrax

• Recent member
  • Trying desperately to get it all together...
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2003, 09:34:00 am »

I made those registry changes and attempted to run it again.  All I get is "snow."  If I look at the

Options -> TV Options -> Advanced Properties -> TV Tuner Properties

page, I see that I have Country 1 selected, Tunig Space 0 selected, Tuning Mode TV selected, Status Locked, Video Standards PAL_B (I can't change this to NTSC, no other choices exist in the drop down), Input 1 Cable selected, Video Frequency 193250000, and Audio Frequency 198750000.

What do I need to do to be able to Select NTSC as my Video Standard?  I know the card is capable of this, as I have watched TV with it's built in program.

I am not at all adverse to blowing my system away and re-installing everything if need be.  It is appearing that I will be doing that this weekend.

Thanks for the help!

Brian

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2003, 01:23:47 pm »

Video Standards PAL_B (I can't change this to NTSC, no other choices exist in the drop down),

That is what I said before, your driver says that the tuner is not capable of receiving NTSC. How your other program worked is a mystery.

Uninstalling and reinstalling your TV card driver is something you can try. Does the manufacturer of your card have an updated driver for it? I am guessing that the program that the manufacturer provided does not use DirectShow method for its tuning, and the WDM driver is buggie in this respect.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up