INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Crashes when trying to start  (Read 851 times)

mjaros

MC Crashes when trying to start
« on: October 21, 2018, 09:21:16 am »

When starting MC Television setup I try to select the digital cable or satellite and the setup crashes. Any help would be appreciated. I have the latest HD Homerun software installed.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC Crashes when trying to start
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 05:48:46 pm »

Which version of MC are you running? Windows MC24.0.56 64bit?

Which model of HDHomerun do you have?

Have you configured the SiliconDust software to run the HDHomerun in JRiver mode? (I don't have one, but I believe that is a setting that is important.)

Searching the forum would find lots of discussions, and links to the Wiki for TV setup. Or you could turn on logging in MC and collect a log, which should show what happened during the crash.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 12:24:57 am »

Check the instructions for HDHomerun.  Especially the firewall.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 07:41:04 am »

As you said you were trying to choose "Digital Cable or Satellite" in Setup, I would guess you have an HDHomeRun Prime.  Is it correct?  Please let us know.

It is crucial that you turn on "Use Media Network to share this library and enble DLNA" option in Media Network settings (Tools > Options > Media Network) and open your firewall to MC.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up