INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bugs, CR's and Questions for Development  (Read 1079 times)

gkerber

Bugs, CR's and Questions for Development
« on: May 24, 2003, 08:36:44 am »

Bugs, Change Requests and Questions for Development

Here is my list of known MC9 bugs and my change requests.  I would appreciate it if MC would respond by saying they will be correcting the bug or not (or maybe they don't agree it's a bug), and if they will or will not implement my change requests.

I fully understand MC is under no obligation to make changes for me.  However, it would be helpful to know if any of the changes are being worked on, to avoid the endless discussion of them in the forum.  New users come in and make some of the same suggestions and we debate them again and again.

Although I wish the answer was yes, it was helpful when Jim said flatly that View Filter stickiness would not be implemented.  Clear answers are good, and well, clear!

BUGS:

1.  Skinned scroll bar.  When the scroll bar is clicked at the extreme top or left edge, the screen immediately moves to the top/left instead of simply moving one page.  This is non-standard Windows behavior and does not occur without any skinning.

2.  Right-Click on Item in Tree.  When an item (like an artist or album) is right clicked in the tree, there is a choice called "File Properties".  When selected it should bring up the File Properties window for every track for the item.  Sometimes is does, and other times is brings up the window which says "no files selected".  I have yet to figure out the pattern for when it works and when it does not work.  It worked great in v8.

3.  Playing Now.  When I play music using RemoteServer, the "Playing Now" screen does not update on the main computer screen where MC is running.  And if I click "Playing Now" on the main system it doesn't update either.  I must click on something else in the tree first and then click on "Playing Now" for it to update.

CHANGE-REQUESTS:

1.   Toolbar Text.  I request a return to the v8 set of choices where I can have Selective Text on Right and No Text Labels and TEXT and ICONS (or whatever it was called).

2.   Auto Expanding Tree on program startup to a selected view or playlist, a default.  (like MediaLibrary->Artist->Album/Artist)

3.   Artist/Album/Track sorting to eliminate a user list of anchored strings for sorting purposes.  For example, to not consider the "The " in "The Rolling Stones" if "The " was in the user list of anchored strings to ignore.

4.   mjextman.exe : I'd like the ability to list multiple commands to execute for mjextman.exe to avoid multiple calls to accomplish the same commands.

5.   SleepTimer Plugin time display is hard to read.  I request that the darkened elements of the characters be totally gone, not just darkened, for easy readability.  Or simply use a non-segmented font, an easy to read font.

QUESTIONS:

1.   Does MC support burning 99 minute CDR's if the burner supports it?

gkerber

Re: Bugs, CR's and Questions for Development
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2003, 04:50:21 pm »

??

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2003, 04:04:46 am »

Here is my list of known MC9 bugs and my change requests.  I would appreciate it if MC would respond by saying they will be correcting the bug or not (or maybe they don't agree it's a bug), and if they will or will not implement my change requests.

I fully understand MC is under no obligation to make changes for me.  However, it would be helpful to know if any of the changes are being worked on, to avoid the endless discussion of them in the forum.  New users come in and make some of the same suggestions and we debate them again and again.

I'm always surprised when I take a look at the wishlist ... the "In Development", "Been Released" and "Denied Wishes" sections seem to rest in peace  ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2003, 07:24:24 am »

I hope you'll understand that we just can't respond in the kind of detail you may want.

If you think you have a bug, report it in the thread that announces the build.

If we seem to ignore repeated reports, it may be because we're lazy or stupid, but it may also be that we have taken a look and can't duplicate it.  In this case, sometimes we hope someone will find out something that provides more clues.  In the meantime, we go on fixing bugs we can identify.

If you're still sure it's a bug, start a new thread and ask "Can anyone else confirm this?"  A discussion often provides more clues.

Concerning new features, it's often impossible to say yes or no, since it depends on our priorities.

We do read most of what is said here, even if we don't always reply.  It does have an effect, but we also have our own plan.

gkerber

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2003, 09:33:00 am »

Thanks for the response.

I do wish we'd get more feedback about what has been verified and what is being worked on.... but what info you release is of course your choice.

So a CR list and release schedule would be out of the question?

Working in software developement myself, this kind of communication between developement and the clients just seems normal to me.

I will be noting the bugs in the release messages as you requested.

And any info you can pass on along the way is appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up