INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to override ZoneSwitch?  (Read 711 times)

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
Unable to override ZoneSwitch?
« on: October 23, 2018, 04:26:50 pm »

I am using ZoneSwitch based on media type to play audio files on my PC's multichannel audio device, and video files on my TV via HDMI. However, if I wish to play a video on my PC instead, even if I drag/drop it to that zone manually, ZoneSwitch will invariably play it on the HDMI video zone. Or is there another way?

(BTW, the ability to override this was already requested in a much older post here...)

I realize that ZoneSwitch was not designed that way, but in all common sense, I think it should be. User inputs should always take priority over automation rules. The famous quote, "No law can foresee every possible case" ('The Bounty Mutiny') should be true for ZoneSwitch as well...

Edit -- just discovered how it works: First, switch to the desired zone, then drag file onto the playlist editor (action window), click Play, and there you are... (I had tested earlier by dragging onto the zone's 'Playing Now' field/ tree, which failed, but maybe I hadn't switched zones beforehand.) Fair enough...
"To be is to do" (Socrates) - "To do is to be" (Sartre) - "Do be do be do" (Sinatra)
Pages: [1]   Go Up