INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center: Remote Library via SSL  (Read 1348 times)

wellywu

• World Citizen
JRiver Media Center: Remote Library via SSL
« on: October 26, 2018, 10:46:50 pm »

I installed Elementary OS 5 "Juno" 64 bit GNU/Linux on my three gaming PCs a few days ago. My current JRiver Media Center 24.0.19 64 bit is the GNU/Linux stable build version and I verified that my JRiver Media Center 24 Server is functioning correctly. I double checked to ensure that the required network ports are open for my Verizon FiOS Quantum Advanced Gateway Router via port forwarding and my Ubuntu Uncomplicated Firewall rules are configured correctly. I am able to add a remote library using JRiver Media Center 24.0.19 64 bit over network port 52199 via TCP on both of my gaming notebook PCs and I know it is using HTTP and not SSL. I am having problems connecting to my JRiver Media Server via SSL over network port 52200 via TCP. I tried to use my access key and I checked the enable SSL if available box, but it refuses to find my media server. I typed in the real IP address of my AVADirect gaming desktop PC and I entered 52200 after the real IP address correctly. It seems to connect, but my media library is empty. I deleted this remote library and tried again by clicking on the enable SSL if available and I get the same results which is to say my media library is empty. I would like to be able to use both of my gaming notebook PCs to connect to my JRiver Media Server via SSL over network port 52200 via TCP, but I do not know what is causing these problems. Do I need to change my Debian software respository to utilize the latest build version of JRiver Media Center 24.x.y? Is there a software bug with the stable version that I need to know about to get this specific feature to work? I visited a website to check if my network port is open for 52200 via TCP and it confirmed that it is indeed open. I think I got almost everything configured correctly, but I am at a loss as to why I can not get JRiver Media Center 24.0.19 64 bit to add a remote library over SSL. Please tell me what I need to know to solve this problem. Thank you.

wellywu

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center: Remote Library via SSL
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 11:13:03 pm »

Nevermind. I deleted the Debian software repositories for the stable build version and I added the software repository for the latest build version and I upgraded to JRiver Media Center 24.0.55 64 bit on my three gaming PCs. Afterwards, I deleted my old AVADirect remote library and I followed the instructions to use my access key and enable SSL if available and it just works. JRiver Media Center 24.0.55 64 bit can connect to my JRiver Media Server via SSL and I can see my media library. Solved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up