INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wifes instance of MC does not find receiver  (Read 478 times)

perry59

• Junior Woodchuck
wifes instance of MC does not find receiver
« on: October 27, 2018, 08:41:40 pm »

I finally moved into the 21st century and bought a new yamaha receiver with wifi.
Really nice, as soon as I fired up MC it found the receiver and made a zone? of it and I can stream my music to it. that and houseband are the bomb!
My only problem is that when my wife logs into her account on my windows 7 machine her instance of MC does not find the receiver and so she's out of luck.
I'd like to leave my computer running during the day, with her simplified account active so she can use my music collection, but no joy :(
Why would MC find my receiver when I am logged in (and I didn't have to do anything, MC just found it without any help), but when my wife logs in MC find nothing?
thanks for any help

swiv3d

Re: wifes instance of MC does not find reciever.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 09:14:33 pm »

Long, long time since I used windows 7 but I think I remember somewhere in the sharing section where you give permission to view/use different items on the network.

alglove

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: wifes instance of MC does not find receiver
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 06:49:02 pm »

When logged into her account, try looking in Control Panel --> Network and Sharing Center.
Make sure the network type is set to "Private" or "Home" or "Work" (not "Public").
On the left side, go to "Change advanced sharing settings".
In the "Private" section, set "Turn on network discovery".

A quick way to set all this up at the same time is to go to Windows Explorer (the yellow folder icon on the toobar) and highlight "Network" on the left side. On the right side, you may then be asked. “Do you want to allow your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices on this network”. Tell it "yes", and that will set up many of the options above automatically.
Pages: [1]   Go Up