INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 24.0.60 -- Available Here  (Read 7556 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 24.0.60 -- Available Here
« on: October 29, 2018, 08:05:25 am »

Download standard build
This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 24.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 32-bit build
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v24/latest/MediaCenter240060.exe (works on all systems)

Download 64-bit build
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v24/latest/MediaCenter240060-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

24.0.60 (10/26/2018)

1. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.37.
2. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
3. Changed: Radio Paradise will download more files when it reaches the end of the playlist.
4. NEW: Added the database expression DBLocation() to return the location of a file in the database.
5. Changed: Radio Paradise playback will message after playing 50 tracks about continuing (so you can't start playback and walk away permanently).
6. Fixed: The date first rated would get set when ripping a CD.
7. Fixed: Picking zones from the zone menu wouldn't work properly if there was a hidden zone.
8. Changed: German translation updated (thanks ByteStar).

24.0.59 (10/24/2018)

1. Changed: When viewing a playlist group, the files will be ordered according to the child playlists (instead of all lumped together).  Just set the view to have no sorting and it will show the playlist order.
2. Changed: Made the default sorting for a playlist group no sorting so it just shows the child playlists in order.
3. Changed: Theater View uses ANGLE for rendering, with the Direct3D 11 or Direct3D 9 backends as available, to resolve various issues with OpenGL rendering.
4. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
5. Fixed: Curly braces were being removed from HTML code inside style tags.
6. Changed: Panel - Clicking on the current rating level will reset the rating to zero.
7. Fixed: Acquiring from a scanner could fail if the option "Skip file if already in library" was checked.  Now scanner files have a filename with the date and time in them so they won't duplicate.
8. Changed: Tweaked the manual thumbnail creation process to try to recover performance after processing a lot of files. Testing on huge libraries appreciated!
9. Fixed: Removing played tracks from Playing Now didn't work nicely on the last track of the playlist.

24.0.58 (10/18/2018)

1. Changed: Fields can be marked as hidden in the Manage Library Fields dialog.
2. Fixed: Image playback would just keep playing the last file in the playlist instead of stopping.
3. Fixed: DVB Subtitle pin connection did not work in build 56.
4. Fixed: Saving a DSP preset after picking an equalizer preset would not save the preset.
5. Fixed: Importing MKVs with ordered chapters will use the default title's duration for the Media Center database.
6. Fixed: Bookmarks are cleared on playback stop if the position is close to the end, when the precise duration is known, in addition to checking on playback startup against the database duration.
7. Fixed: Pressing DELETE in Parametric Equalizer would delete the Playing Now behind the equalizer instead of effects from the list.
8. Changed: German translation updated (thanks ByteStar).
9. Fixed: WMA files could not be played on Library Server clients without direct file access.
10. Fixed: MC could deadlock when loading a large DLNA server library.
11. NEW: Non-standard file associations for various DSD mimetypes added so that we can see those files from DLNA server libraries that are using those mimetypes.
12. Changed: Some DLNA servers (like on the QNAP) don't properly provide the total number of files matched in a search, which limited us to seeing the first 1000 files in a library.
13. Fixed: madVR could still be taking over the Ctrl+S "Stop Playback" key binding in some cases, now it always sends to Media Center instead. If you want a keybinding to open the madVR settings, open its configuration and assign it to an unused combination.
14. NEW: Added the option "Advance to the next track when stopping after the current track" which defaults to true but allows you to turn it off.
15. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.36.
16. Fixed: Video Playback could stop after 10 minutes of playback in some cases if the "Stop after long pause" option was turned on.

24.0.57 (10/11/2018)

1. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.35.
2. Changed: German translation updated (thanks ByteStar and andrewberg).
3. Changed: Updated the skin ModernCards White (thanks Awesome Donkey).
4. NEW: Added a "Move Up" and "Move Down" button to the playlist view header that allows moving a selection up or down in the list.
5. Changed: Range for detecting an external DLNA controller while a playlist is playing is changed from 0 - End-5 seconds to 0 - End-6 seconds
6. Changed: When making a library backup, the time is appended after the date.
7. Changed: "Analyze audio for video" will skip TV recording files that have not finished yet.
8. Fixed: ATSC OTA EPG scanning did not work properly in the last few builds.
9. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.73.1, AV1 video decoding support and Closed Caption support.
10. NEW: Closed Captioning support in ATSC live and recorded TV shows.
11. Fixed: The tooltip in the player window could not be translated.
12. Fixed: When popup tooltip transparency was off, the background would always be white even if the text was white.  Now it will be black if the text is brighter than half.
13. Fixed: Fonts in the player window could be too short on high DPI.

24.0.56 (10/5/2018)

1. Changed: The check for duplicates is back for playlists, but it should only fire when actively adding files to a playlist.
2. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks matteo e massimo).
3. Changed: German translation updated (thanks ByteStar and andrewberg).
4. NEW: You can right-click a column and pick "Remove Column From Sorting" to keep the rest of the sort order but remove that single column.
5. NEW: Media Center will verify the SSL certificate of the Media Server, and ask the user for confirmation if it is untrusted (trust is also established through the Access Key lookup).
6. Changed: The disc mode "Ask every time" would not ask when a new disc was inserted in Theater View.  Now it will.
7. NEW: Added the playlist format "M3U (extended)" to the types for a handheld to write the #EXTINF portion.
8. Changed: TV recording on CableCARD channels in transport stream format is done in a different component from before.  This change should not have any user noticeable effect.  Should you see difference in behavior please report to us.
9. NEW: Added a "Remove All" button to the sort configuration window (in the menu).
10. Fixed: The truncation tooltip did not honor the transparency mode set in Options.
11. Fixed: Wikipedia movie results were not loading due to changes at Wikipedia.
12. Changed: Reporter was too slow with larger libraries.
13. NEW: Panel - Added alternate text to images in the player.
14. Changed: Panel - Changed the default Panel theme to Light.
15. Fixed: Panel - Button background colors sometimes would not load in the correct order.
16. Fixed: Panel - Enabling Ignore Articles in Media Center was breaking the page selection slider.
17. NEW: Added the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+B to backup the current library.
18. NEW: Added a "Combine..." feature for playlists to show a dialog to combine with another playlist and offer choices for the combine method.
19. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks matteo e massimo).
20. Fixed: WMV files which do not play with the Microsoft ASF/WMV reader will be opened with LAV Splitter instead, fixing playback.
21. Fixed: DVB TV recordings in transport stream format did not include subtitle packets.
22. NEW: DVB Subtitle support for live TV.  Untested, please test and report how it works.  "DVB Subtitle" only, not "Teletext".
23. Fixed: The check for duplicates popup could show up when it should not have.

24.0.55 (9/28/2018)

1. NEW: Added the expression function FilePlaylists() to return a list of playlist names a file is in.
2. Changed: German translation updated (thanks ByteStar).
3. Changed: Updated the "High Performance" madVR profile with a few more performance enhancements tailored for integrated Intel GPUs.
4. NEW: Introduced a "High Quality" madVR profile. The profile is decent quality designed for mid-range GPUs, not high-end/enthusiast-class GPUs.
5. Changed: TV recordings' post-recording processing is done slightly later to avoid conflicts.  This is an attempt to fix post-recording file moving failures of JTV recordings.
6. Changed: Error Free Mode is only persistent if specifically set with MCWS Configuration/ErrorFreeMode, not if its automatically engaged for headless playback.
7. Fixed: Interactive playback queries, like "Bookmarking: Ask", did not function in recent versions of Media Center.
8. Fixed: ATSC TV recordings in TS format did not filter out packets of other channels on the same transport in recent builds.
9. Changed: Temporarily disabled the duplicate check in playlists until all bugs are ironed out.

24.0.54 (9/25/2018)

1. Changed: The file date created is preserved when a FLAC file needs to be rewritten for tagging.
2. Changed: There is a work-around in place to try to directly send hotkeys to madVR if the raw Remote plugin is enabled, which otherwise prevents madVR hotkeys from working.
3. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks matteo e massimo).
4. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
5. Changed: German translation updated (thanks ByteStar).
6. Fixed: Media Center could report duplicate tracks when adding to Radio Paradise in the last build.
7. NEW: The image rotation feature also works on BMP files and PNG files (as well as JPEG).
8. Fixed: Resizing splitters wouldn't work properly on high DPI.

24.0.53 (9/21/2018)

1. NEW: Added an option to choose performance-optimized hardware decoding for RO HQ (to help with 4K HDR playback).
2. NEW: Added a DSD Bitstreaming option to select the maximum DSD sample rate to bitstream, and otherwise fall back to decoding.
3. NEW: Enabled the "Glass" translucency/blur effect on Windows 8.1 and 10.
4. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
5. Changed: Media Center will select Forced Subtitles streams during video playback even in cases where the languages do not match.
6. NEW: When adding duplicate tracks to a playlist, the program will ask if you want to remove them.
7. Fixed: Drawing of link icons in the list could draw too small on high DPI.
8. Changed: Red October HQ updated to madVR 0.92.16 (improved HDR performance, and a lot of general fixes).
9. NEW: Media Center offers multiple pre-configured madVR quality presets to import (High Performance and Balanced for now, High Quality profiles will be added in the future).
10. Changed: Reverted this change: When a pane has an expression to display, the sorting will use that expression instead of the underlying data expression.
11. NEW: Panes allow picking the sorting "Display Expression" to bring the sorting back to by the display expression.
12. Fixed: Live OpenCable TV could hang at start up if started in non-time-shifting mode.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lmurawski

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Media Center 24.0.60 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 07:48:35 am »

Under Edge and Chrome, Panel playlist page starts to constantly refresh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB0USju9-HU

Negasonic

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 06:05:54 am »

Has something changed to how 'View Extras' work? Or just some issue on my end?

Previously, when scrolling past the last image the display would just show that last image again and you knew you had reached the end. Now, if you scroll past the last image, the view will close automatically. 

CJandCO

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 08:36:25 am »

I enabled the following option: "Remove files from playing now after they are played"
in the player's preferences, the problem is that the last title of the current playlist is not removed after being played.
Sorry Matt, but the problem is still present with version 24.0.60.

You said that the problem would be corrected for the new version, it was not the case.
À propos de Google TraductionCommunautéMobile
À propos de GoogleConfidentialité et conditions d'utilisationAideEnvoyer des commentaires

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 08:50:03 am »

Hi CJandCO, removing the last track is working nicely for me now.

Maybe make sure you're running this build?

Anybody else?

CJandCO

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 11:57:40 am »

Sorry Matt but it does not work for me version MediaCenter240060-x64.exe.
The last title of the playlist is played but does not come off the play after play window.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2018, 12:04:15 pm »

Sorry Matt but it does not work for me version MediaCenter240060-x64.exe.
The last title of the playlist is played but does not come off the play after play window.

I got it.  If repeat was off it wouldn't remove the track properly.

Look for a fix next build.

CJandCO

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2018, 12:10:04 pm »

Repetition is disabled.
Thank you, I will wait for the next version.

BradATIMA

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2018, 12:51:41 pm »

Under Edge and Chrome, Panel playlist page starts to constantly refresh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB0USju9-HU

The page usually only refreshes like that if it's getting frequent errors, but I can't reproduce it. Can you create a library back-up and e-mail it to brad at jriver dot com.

Negasonic

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2018, 11:53:46 pm »

Look for a fix next build.

Could the last played track also be automatically removed after using 'Stop After Current File' and 'Stop After Playing Track'?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2018, 12:21:22 am »

I don't think we always want to remove the last track played.  Sometimes I'd like to see what it was.

Negasonic

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2018, 01:18:34 am »

Well, I beg to differ.  ;) I thought it made perfect sense that if someone goes into options and make the choice to click on 'Remove files from Playing Now after they are played', that's what they really want. Played files = removed.

Edit: In case I wasn't clear in my previous post, what I mean is:

• I select 'Remove files from Playing Now after they are played' in options.
  • I start playing the music and later on I use 'Stop After Current File' or 'Stop After Playing Track' on a specific track.
  • The track stops. The file has been played. It should be removed from Playing Now. Why? See #1

gj_1970

• Recent member
newer version problem
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2018, 09:34:20 pm »

The problem with newer version is that in exclusive mode my rear channel speakers are silent. But when I checked with jriver version 15 the rear channels work in exclusive mode. But if u disable exclusive mode the rear channels work in newer jriver version but again the problem is the windows mixer is active and u don't get unmolested audio. Plz advise

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2018, 01:05:40 pm »

Also when using the "Stop playback after current" option is used, the last played title stays in the list...

Edit: The last title isn't even cleared when you right click it and from the menu select "Remove played titles from Playing Now"... Or is that option meant to do something else?
"To be is to do" (Socrates) - "To do is to be" (Sartre) - "Do be do be do" (Sinatra)

croznest

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2018, 05:52:16 pm »

Tried to do an audio cd burn of 100 files spanning 4 disks.  After the first disk burns, it ask for the second.  No problem.  Then it burns disk 1 again.  I had to cancel the burn and remove the disk 1 files and then start over.  Burns a single disk just fine but not multiple spanned disk. 

Is it a bug or am I dropping the ball someplace.

24.0.60 windows 7

amandalishus

• Recent member
  • Experienced MC user masquerading as novice.
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2018, 03:47:43 am »

I've resolved to start becoming more involved on the message board, because I think that posting here will be better for my mental health than banging my head against the problem for six hours until I figure it out. To that end, I thought I should read the new bug fixes and features added in recent builts; unfortunately, that's left with as many new questions as it answered.

In the interest of learning, here they are; there's nothing critical, but if you can satisfy my curiosity I would appreciate it :)

24.0.60 (10/26/2018)
4. NEW: Added the database expression DBLocation() to return the location of a file in the database.
  • How does this work? I tried adding an expression column with "=DBLocation()" or "=DBLocaton([Filename])" but it didn't give me anything useful.
  • Speaking of "useful," just out of curiosity, what would be the use case for this?

24.0.58 (10/18/2018)
1. Changed: Fields can be marked as hidden in the Manage Library Fields dialog.
  • Where? I'm not seeing the option.
  • In what sense are they hidden? Where am I limited from seeing them?

4. NEW: You can right-click a column and pick "Remove Column From Sorting" to keep the rest of the sort order but remove that single column.
  • Neat! Can't tell you how many times I've wanted that. But, um, where? I don't see the option with either a right-click or a left-click on the column head.

9. NEW: Added a "Remove All" button to the sort configuration window (in the menu).
  • Not seeing this either.

24.0.55 (9/28/2018)
1. NEW: Added the expression function FilePlaylists() to return a list of playlist names a file is in.
  • Have I mentioned that I <3 new expression language functions? :)
  • Not understanding the results here though. An expression column containing "=FilePlaylists()" puts a couple of datatimes in the column for any file which is in a playlist. They're probably the datetime at which I added the file to the playlist, if I was going to take a guess based on the displayed data, but I can't really be certain. Either way, it's not exactly expected behavior.

OK that's it for now. Sorry for being a pest ;)[/size][/font]
[color="#C133FF"][size=18]Documentary aficionado. [/size][size=16]Music lover. [/size][size=14]Software developer. [/size][size=12]Transgender geek. [/size][size=10]Interested in everything. [/size][size=8]Easily distracted...[/size][/color]

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • The color of Spring...
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2018, 04:43:32 am »

Make absolutely sure you're using 24.0.60. I'm right clicking on a column right now and I see the "Remove Column From Sorting" option.
I don't work for JRiver... I help keep the forums safe from Viagra and other sources of sketchy pharmaceuticals.

Windows 11 2024 Update (24H2) 64-bit + Ubuntu 24.04 LTS Noble Numbat 64-bit | Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit (Intel N305 Fanless NUC 16GB RAM/256GB NVMe SSD)
JRiver Media Center 32 (Windows + Linux) | iFi ZEN DAC 3 | Edifier R2000DB Bookshelf Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Headphones

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2018, 05:18:07 am »

I've resolved to start becoming more involved on the message board, because I think that posting here will be better for my mental health than banging my head against the problem for six hours until I figure it out. To that end, I thought I should read the new bug fixes and features added in recent builts; unfortunately, that's left with as many new questions as it answered.
Good you'll be around more, but please use another thread for anything that requires discussion.  Use the "New Topic" button in the upper right corner of the index page to start a new thread.

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2018, 08:10:26 am »

Fields can be marked as hidden in the Manage Library Fields dialog.
 Where? I'm not seeing the option.

Only available for certain fields (eg. those created by yourself), not for any of the standard library fields (especially not those automatically calculated / filled)...

You can right-click a column and pick "Remove Column From Sorting"...
 I don't see the option with either a right-click or a left-click on the column head.

May be only available for columns that are actually used for sorting in your current view (i.e. not when sorting is based on the standard you set in 'Customize View')...

"Remove All" button to the sort configuration window (in the menu).
 Not seeing this either.

Open the Search Wizard, under 'Modify Results' select 'Sort by', and see the button 'Commands' on the right... (This menu button was added just recently, and is a bit laborious... ;-)
"To be is to do" (Socrates) - "To do is to be" (Sartre) - "Do be do be do" (Sinatra)

amandalishus

• Recent member
  • Experienced MC user masquerading as novice.
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2018, 09:23:25 pm »

Good you'll be around more, but please use another thread for anything that requires discussion.  Use the "New Topic" button in the upper right corner of the index page to start a new thread.
Fair enough, thanks for the input. I had seen others asking questions about the listed changes in this thread, which led me to believe that this was an appropriate venue; I have no problem starting a new thread, or threads... other than the distinct possibility that you will get tired of me ;)

Make absolutely sure you're using 24.0.60. I'm right clicking on a column right now and I see the "Remove Column From Sorting" option.
Good call. I was on the Stable channel rather than the Latest. That answered most of my questions about the sorting changes, and I'll move my questions about the expression language functions to a new thread :)
[color="#C133FF"][size=18]Documentary aficionado. [/size][size=16]Music lover. [/size][size=14]Software developer. [/size][size=12]Transgender geek. [/size][size=10]Interested in everything. [/size][size=8]Easily distracted...[/size][/color]

4 jumping cats

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2018, 05:46:12 pm »

If you download a dr who playlist, whilst playing an audio playlist locally, and then delete the downloaded playlist the program crashes (yes I mean crashes not hangs). I have repeated this 4 times always with the same disturbing effects. This also happens in MC 24.0.64 (using a nom de plume!)

weedub

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2018, 01:37:47 am »

Fault in all Builds Since 24.0.52

I have a problem that has not changed since  build 52 (64Bit),I have monitored every release since build 52 to build 60,
and I have mentioned this before/and no one bothered to reply.

The problem is that all builds after Build 52 /when I open JRiver Media Center the screen blurs momentarily,I understand
that this may be considered insignificant,although it is not correct for this to happen/and I find it somewhat annoying.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2018, 06:35:10 am »

Fault in all Builds Since 24.0.52

I have a problem that has not changed since  build 52 (64Bit),I have monitored every release since build 52 to build 60,
and I have mentioned this before/and no one bothered to reply.

The problem is that all builds after Build 52 /when I open JRiver Media Center the screen blurs momentarily,I understand
that this may be considered insignificant,although it is not correct for this to happen/and I find it somewhat annoying.
Please start a thread on this.  It could be a video driver or other similar problem.  I also wouldn't rule out antivirus as a cause.

gappie

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2018, 07:48:52 am »

hi :)

im using 3 views beside each other. one of the views has "always show files" enabled, the other has that disabled (the third is playing now). changing the focus between those two views, opens or closes the files list depending on the other views state.

:)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up