INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update image file when moving files  (Read 501 times)

Buldarged

• Recent member
Update image file when moving files
« on: October 30, 2018, 01:05:36 pm »

Hello guys, I am using MC 24 and have a problem.
I'm using the option to store cover art in the same folder as the file. I also use the rename, move & copy files dialog to move my files. When I move an album into a different folder using this dialog, it won't copy the cover art. The image file tag still points to a file in the same directory which doesn't exist. Usually this is not a problem right away, because the thumbnail is still displayed correctly. Problems arise if I want to modify the image, rebuild a thumbnail, etc. In this case, MC just can't find the file and displays the blue musical note.

I believe this is just a small bug and hope it can be fixed quickly.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Update image file when moving files
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 01:18:42 pm »

I took a quick look at the code and found the following:

For video and documents, the cover arts are moved with the media files if the cover arts are saved next to the media file, with relative file path (i.e. the "Image File" tag has a file name that does not include the entire file path).  What type of media have you been trying to move?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Buldarged

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 01:57:11 pm »

This happens with audio books. So the media type tag is Audio and the media sub type is Audiobook.

swiv3d

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 04:33:40 pm »

Usually the rename function will move other files in the folder if the checkbox to do so is selected - but this won't happen if the other files have also been imported into MC, for example if you have imported the .jpg files into the images section. In that case the audio file will be moved but the .jpg files will be left behind. It is easy to accidently import such files when setting up autoimport if you don't make sure that only the express type of file you want imported is checked.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 12:06:00 pm »

The following change will be in an upcoming new build:

Changed: When renaming/moving audio files cover art files that are saved next to the audio files will be COPIED to the destination folder so the audio files will not lose cover art.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up