INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DNLA DSD Network Streaming via Mediacenter 24 to Oppo UDP-205 Working!  (Read 2408 times)

coda304

So it seems I am streaming DSD via CAT5 cable connected directly to Oppo-UDP-205…or not?
I have been reading this was not possible via network DNLA on 205, and that is was only possible via USB. Could someone please chime in and confirm that I am actually bit-streaming DSD and there is not some type of conversion too PCM I am missing. Here are some screen shots of my setup.

1st shots show DSD info from Oppo GUI and my setting in MC24 with Mode: Original and Advanced: Bitstream DSD(requires DoPE compliant renderer) Unchecked.

2nd shots show me getting “RiCKeD” ;D…… Mode: Specified output format Format:PCM 24-bit and Advanced: Bitstream DSD(requires DoPE compliant renderer) Checked ON.

Thanks much for any input!

coda304

Re: DNLA DSD Network Streaming via Mediacenter 24 to Oppo UDP-205 Working!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 07:36:59 am »

I got RICKeD

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 10:04:47 am »

With "Original Format" selected the file will be sent as-is with a mime-type of audio/x-dsd

When you select "Original Format" and DoPE under Advanced, it will be sent as DSD wrapped in PCM (Note this is STILL unaltered DSD) and the mime-type will be audio/wav

The way this works is that devices that can't play DSD directly will recognize the DSD in a PCM container and extract it from the PCM container and play the DSD.

coda304

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 04:23:11 am »

Thanks much for input *Bob*

For anyone whom is interested in my cabling setup…sorry I forgot to add the way I have configured Oppo 205 to PC and Pre-Pro.

I have an Oppo UDP 205 Modwright (Sounds fantastic)

PC is custom Win10 Pro 64b (Linier Power Supply & Fanless CPU cooler SSD drive(s) and Intel dual NIC PCI-e card (running Fidelizer Pro 8.1 in User Level: Purist Audio Profile: Audio Render)

I have a Audioquest CAT5 Cinnamon cable from PC ran directly to Oppo 205, both PC NIC # 1 and Oppo are configured for Static IP.

I have a second CAT6 Belkin cable running from PC NIC # 2 (set to obtain IP addy auto) to Router for PC internet access (works like a charm)

From the Oppo I run 2 Kimber Silver XLR cables to my Pre-pro input for 2-channel playback.  6 Kimber Silver RCA cables from the Oppo to my pre-amp and connected to dedicated 5.1 DVD input on Pre-amp for surround mixes.

rippolito

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 06:05:00 pm »

With "Original Format" selected the file will be sent as-is with a mime-type of audio/x-dsd

When you select "Original Format" and DoPE under Advanced, it will be sent as DSD wrapped in PCM (Note this is STILL unaltered DSD) and the mime-type will be audio/wav

The way this works is that devices that can't play DSD directly will recognize the DSD in a PCM container and extract it from the PCM container and play the DSD.

When I use 'original format' and leave the DoPE unchecked, my DAC says that the sampling rate is 88.2 kHz.  When I use 'original format' and check DoPE (bitstream DSD), my DAC says it is seeing a DSD file.  Is that what you would have expected?

Also, when i use 'original format' and check DoPE, it sounds much louder.  Does that make sense to anyone?
Ron

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 09:04:01 am »

When I use 'original format' and leave the DoPE unchecked, my DAC says that the sampling rate is 88.2 kHz.  When I use 'original format' and check DoPE (bitstream DSD), my DAC says it is seeing a DSD file.  Is that what you would have expected?

Also, when i use 'original format' and check DoPE, it sounds much louder.  Does that make sense to anyone?
Ron
It sounds to me like the DAC isn't seeing the unwrapped DSD (non-DoPE) properly so that is what I would have expected.

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 10:39:12 am »

So it seems I am streaming DSD via CAT5 cable connected directly to Oppo-UDP-205…or not?
I have been reading this was not possible via network DNLA on 205, and that is was only possible via USB. Could someone please chime in and confirm that I am actually bit-streaming DSD and there is not some type of conversion too PCM I am missing. Here are some screen shots of my setup.

1st shots show DSD info from Oppo GUI and my setting in MC24 with Mode: Original and Advanced: Bitstream DSD(requires DoPE compliant renderer) Unchecked.

2nd shots show me getting “RiCKeD” ;D…… Mode: Specified output format Format:PCM 24-bit and Advanced: Bitstream DSD(requires DoPE compliant renderer) Checked ON.

Thanks much for any input!

I have JRiver configured (with DoPE unchecked) and I am able to stream DSD over DLNA to my Oppo 203 as DSD.
I then pass this on to my AV amp over HDMI still as DSD.

afalout

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 10:15:26 pm »

@coda304 - did you try playing SACD ISO this way?

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up