INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC24 and import albums  (Read 418 times)

Nature

MC24 and import albums
« on: November 08, 2018, 11:37:36 am »

I have just downloaded and bought the MC24 Windows and have problems importing a few albums. As a test I have just copied 4 albums with wav files (CDs), but I can see only 2. I have looked around in many options to try to import/sync them, but no luck. Please help. Have recently updated to 1803 version of Win10/Norwegian version. The MC20 on another pc works just fine. I have not modified any library parameters after the installation. Please help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC24 and import albums
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 01:12:08 pm »

Are you ripping?  If so, the tracks get imported automatically.  Try a search.

Nature

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 03:47:55 pm »

No, I just copy the ripped albums into the music folder.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 04:04:35 pm »

WAV files have limited metadata storage capabilities.  In other words, WAV files may or may not contain the name of the Album, Artist, Song, etc.  There's no official standard for storing this stuff in a WAV file.

So, MC may have imported your WAV files, but does not know the Album name to show them under.  To see if this is the case, go to Audio > Files and drill down in the Location field through your disks and folders until you find where these WAV files are.  Now look at the files that are displayed.  Do you see your missing files?  If so, they probably show no information for Album.  If not, something else is probably going on.

Good luck.

Brian.

Nature

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 06:15:19 am »

Found the solution.
In the Library and Folders/Media import: I selected the system default for Music and noticed that the three parameters for Analyze audio/Build thumbnails was NOT selected? Selected these and what voila? The albums showed up. Is this an error in the installation procedure?
Pages: [1]   Go Up