INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bluray Library question  (Read 509 times)

jwk246

• Recent member
Bluray Library question
« on: November 12, 2018, 07:37:38 pm »

Had this situation due to a bad Bluray that I ripped to my library that had errors; I got a replacement disc and when I ripped it I got a message that the title was already in my library and did I want to replace it, to which I replied 'yes'. It ripped fine, but the problem is, now I have 2 entries in my video library that both point to the same ripped disc, and I want to remove one, but when I right-click on it, the only option that offers to remove one of the instances also will remove the ripped Bluray as well. Could use a little help with how to accomplish this...

Thanks

jwk246

• Recent member
Re: Bluray Library question
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 06:58:14 pm »

Nobody can answer this?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 08:14:25 pm »

If you have two entries in MC, highlight the bad one, press delete, and you should get three options on what MC should do in a popup dialogue.

Select "Remove from Media Library". That should leave the good entry in place, and remove the bad entry, but leave the actual files in place on your disk.

There are some other considerations, such as multiple entries in the "CD Database", whether you have "Fix broken Links" set to No under Auto Import, and so on, but the above should fix it without further action, I think.

Or have you customised MC settings a lot, which can, of course, change behaviour?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jwk246

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 10:05:45 pm »

Thanks RoderickGI,

"If you have two entries in MC, highlight the bad one, press delete, and you should get three options on what MC should do in a popup dialogue.

Select "Remove from Media Library". That should leave the good entry in place, and remove the bad entry, but leave the actual files in place on your disk."

From the phrasing "Remove from Media Library" I interpreted that to mean it would remove the ripped bluray files from the drive (using JRiver to rip, not an external program). The original rip was suspected to be bad, so when I re-ripped it, it found the original rip and asked if I wanted to keep it- I replied 'No', and it was removed and re-written, so both the original entry and the re-rip point to the same location.

"There are some other considerations, such as multiple entries in the "CD Database", whether you have "Fix broken Links" set to No under Auto Import, and so on, but the above should fix it without further action, I think.

Or have you customised MC settings a lot, which can, of course, change behaviour?"

I have changed very little from the defaults in MC other than settings for playout (bitstream via HDMI, enable server-client, and DLNA); this is my JRiver server, and all media paths have been edited to UNC paths- don't know if that alters your advice. Settings related to myltiple entries in the "CD Database", "Fix broken Links" under Auto Import, etc. should all be set to JRiver defaults. Will back up the ripped bluray files before deleting the extra library entry JIC.

Cheers!
Pages: [1]   Go Up