INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing from Google Drive - Windows 10 - new Android  (Read 583 times)

Haydnsimon

• Recent member
Playing from Google Drive - Windows 10 - new Android
« on: November 14, 2018, 12:19:11 am »

This question has been asked before  in various ways (I think I might have asked myself many years back) but I have yet to see a good answer - with excellent competing applications on other devices (e.g CloudPlayer for mobile devices) it might be time for the JRiver team to give a really good answer to this issue.

Enough with the tedious introduction now for the question - I have my large music collection stored on Google Drive. I use the excellent Cloud Player android application to access this when I am not at home. This rival product is really good and playback never buffers. This player is only on mobile devices and while I am seriously thinking about by a ChromeCast streamer so I can use it with home stereo I am used to using JRiver at home so why change. In an ideal situation I would use JRiver android outside of the home and it would sync with my JRiver at home for an integrated experience. Before I get to this however I have the problem that I haven't been able to set up JRiver to play from the cloud in a seamless fashion. I can access my Google drive as a mapped network drive but JRiver doesn't manage to handle the slow cloud access in the excellent manner that CloudPlayer does on Android. I suspect that this is a minor buffering/lookup issue but it is a show stopper.

So is there a tested way for using JRiver on cloud drives mapped as local network drives?

Shimon Crown

PS - Why does the spell check option flag JRiver as a mistake :-)?
Pages: [1]   Go Up